Executive, Commercial Partnerships
KAYAK is seeking a highly-motivated Executive of Commercial Partnerships who will be helping our commercial activities in Asia Pacific, building and maintaining business relationships with our distribution partners in flight, hotel, packages and rental cars. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of consumer behavior, superior analytical skills and the ability to work closely with KAYAK’s engineering, design, and business teams. Candidates must be self-starters and able to thrive in an agile, fast-paced and data-driven environment.
This position will report into a Manager of Commercial Partnerships and be based in Hong Kong.
- Build, negotiate, and maintain business relationships with distribution partners in flight, hotel, package, and rental car.
- Identify and address gaps in content within the search results.
- Maximize existing relationships in terms of revenue generation and form new partnerships to benefit KAYAK’s product and users.
- Analyze and monitor the performance of content on KAYAK and of partnerships with third parties.
- Liaise with engineering and product teams to identify, escalate, and resolve technical issues from provider-meta connectivity.
- Measure product performance using business and user metrics, establish relevant reports.
- Monitor the competitive landscape of travel search sites, identify KAYAK weaknesses, formulate/execute a plan to close the gap.
- 1- 2 years of relevant experience, travel industry experience a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills a must
- Ability to manage complex, multi-faceted relationships
- Proven track record of exceeding expectations through superior project management
- Ability to manage projects of varying size and scope simultaneously while prioritizing appropriately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation experience
- Technical background or relevant online experience
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively liaise with both internal technical teams and senior members of the KAYAK commercial team.
- Highly detail-oriented and analytic skills absolutely required
- Good sense of humor and likes working in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
- BA/BS degree required
- Management consulting and/or investment banking experience a plus
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Fluency in written and spoken English and at least one of the following languages: Korean, Japanese.
- Additional Asian languages a plus.
- Must be already eligible to work in Hong Kong
Our mission at KAYAK is to provide the world’s favorite travel planning tools. With every query, KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages.
And because our team is always on the lookout looking for ways to make travel planning and trip management even easier, we offer a variety of tools and features such as KAYAK Trips, Explore and Price Forecast and are constantly evolving our app, Facebook Messenger and Slack bots, Alexa skill and related A.I. innovations.
In addition to KAYAK, we manage a portfolio of metasearch brands including: momondo, Cheapflights, SWOODOO, checkfelix and Mundi that together process more than two billion consumer queries a year.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
What we offer
- Exciting, fast-paced and entrepreneurial culture
- Day off on your birthday