Human Resources Advisor
HUMAN RESOURCES ADVISOR
The Human Resources Advisor plays a key role in guiding and actively contributing to the success of HR business initiatives for all Kal Tire Divisions. Acting as first-line HR support for management and non-management team members, the HR Advisor is ideally positioned to identify issues and opportunities for immediate or future HR planning and action. Responsibilities include oversight and ongoing involvement with HR programs and initiatives across the spectrum of labour and team member relations, performance management, training and program coordination.
Labour/Team Member Relations
- Advise and assist management on interpretation and administration of Kal Tire guidelines, policies, and programs.
- Establish open, collaborative, and sustainable working relationships with management team.
- Coach and advise team members and management on a wide variety of team member relations issues.
- Provide resolutions to team member relation issues (e.g. Ministry complaints).
- Provide research support for the Collective Bargaining process.
- Research human resources best practices and any update the business on provincial and human rights legislative changes.
- Provide input and support to the HR Team in the general operations of the Human Resources.
- Assist managers in addressing performance issues and identifying team member development requirements. Provide support to supervisors and managers in performance management processes and with formulating development plans with team members.
- Assist with working with key stakeholders in all aspects of disability management including graduated return to work programs and accommodations.
- Assist in RTW process overseeing modified work programs.
- Correspond with team members, managers, human resources and payroll team members to ensure all documentation is received and processed.
- Assist with writing policies, procedures and communication.
- Provide training for management on how to interpret, communicate, and administer Kal Tire programs.
- Assist with training or presentation of materials and information on HR business initiatives and practices.
- Keeps records of changes to policies/procedures and annually updates the Kal Tire handbooks.
- First point of contact for Employee Assistance Program in regards to team member’s requests, emergency situations, runs promotion campaigns and distributes materials.
- Ensure effective exit interviews and provide management with analysis and recommendations.
- Administer and record team member recognition and incentive programs.
- Recommend new policies and procedures to effect company improvements and organizational efficiencies.
- Assists in the development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures.
- Plan and organize team member events.
- Minimum 3 years’ human resources generalist/advisor experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to form sustainable and productive working relationships with management and non-management team members.
- Knowledge of Provincial Labour Legislation, Employment Law and Human Rights Legislation.
- Demonstrated ability to provide beneficial recommendations to solve HR related issues related to regulations, laws and policies.
- Experience with development and implementation of HR policies and procedures.
- Ability to meet deadlines and accommodate competing demands.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information with integrity and discretion.
- Knowledge of current best practices in Human Resources administration, salary trends, etc.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail.
- HRIS system experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business specializing in Human Resources, or equivalent experience.
- Working towards CHRP designation.
- Travel required.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced, large company.