Property Maintenance Coordinator
Kal Tire is the largest independently owned tire dealer in Canada with over 250 locations. Our business philosophy centers on exceeding our customers’ expectations and relies on our entrepreneurial team members to provide exceptional customer service.
The Property Maintenance Coordinator schedules and coordinates the regular preventative maintenance work for all of the company’s owned and leased properties. The Property Maintenance Coordinator works closely with building owners / reps, Kal Tire operations managers, trade contractors, and others who are involved in the repairs and maintenance process. This person is the main point of contact and first response for preventative maintenance work.
Develop and Manage Preventative Maintenance Program
- Establishes and maintains a computerized maintenance management system for tracking preventative maintenance work, and maintenance history of all Kal Tire facilities.
- Assists in developing and implementing preventative maintenance schedules for each Kal Tire location, based on best practices in the industry with an emphasis on planning/scheduling preventative maintenance.
- Assists in planning, managing, and scheduling replacement of major capital expense items at Kal Tire locations such as HVAC systems, roof systems, parking lot surfaces, overhead doors, and building repainting.
- Understands the tenant responsibilities of each lease and ensures that the preventative maintenance program includes the lease requirements.
Coordinate Preventative Maintenance Activities
- Schedules and coordinates regular preventative maintenance for all Kal Tire facilities and makes arrangements to repair deficient items with qualified contractors. Preventative maintenance items include annual mechanical (HVAC) unit servicing, annual life safety inspections, calibrating gas detection systems, pumping out oil interceptors and catch basins, overhead door inspections, annual roof inspections, and other items as required.
- Requests quotations, evaluates quotations and negotiates terms and conditions as necessary, and issues purchase orders for regular preventative maintenance work required with qualified contractors.
- Coordinates and monitors contractor activities for preventative maintenance work (with assistance from onsite team members) to ensure quality standards are met and for contract compliance, including required environmental, health, and safety programs are implemented.
Preventative Maintenance Records and Documentation
- Establishes and maintains accurate records of space conditions including roof, HVAC, parking lot surfaces, overhead doors, and building exterior finishes.
- Establishes and maintains inventory of equipment, manuals, and warranties related to preventative maintenance work.
- Develops and maintains trade list of qualified contractors (competent, properly insured, licensed, follows health & safety requirements, work meets applicable building codes) to conduct preventative maintenance at each Kal Tire facility.
- Reviews, codes, and approves invoices for payment on completion of coordinated preventative maintenance work.
- Provides general status reports of preventative maintenance program for all Kal Tire locations, as scheduled.
Support Preventative Maintenance Budgeting Process
- Assists with developing an annual preventative maintenance budget for each location and monitors against this budget.
Provide Real Estate / Property Management Departmental Support
- Assists with handling emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment, structures, or site, as necessary
- Performs related duties in keeping with the purpose and accountabilities of the job.
- Two years working experience in general facility maintenance or related work experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Able to maintain organization of maintenance schedules and files for over 200 locations in a changing environment
- Able to effectively comprehend and communicate detailed instructions in English, both orally and in writing
- A good communicator, with a track record of well-organized methodical work patterns.
- A good understanding of property maintenance, methodologies and processes.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email
- Basic understanding of electrical, HVAC, plumbing and carpentry.
- A good understanding of lease agreements and lease terminology.
- Knowledge and experience in compliance with related building codes and legislation
- Able to deal with people including trade contractors and store team members sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Able to multi-task and establish priorities and work with minimal supervision.
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures
- Strong attention to detail
- It is essential that the Property Maintenance Coordinator understands the business operation and is sensitive to business interruptions and seasonal cycles at the store locations.
- Post-Secondary education in applicable field or equivalent experience.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- General trades skills and mechanical ability.
- Knowledge and familiarity with safety codes.