Regional Sales Manager
Regional Sales Manager
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for ensuring consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through planning, deployment and management of store sales team members. Develops and identifies objectives and strategies within store action plans to improve short and long term sales.
- RSM will be responsible for prospecting/developing accounts in their region.
- Assist in the development of the Store Action Plan, specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each territory (based on historical data, market trends and competitive activity).
- Develop Individual territory sales and gross profit targets with store managers and sales team members supported by individual Sales Plans. Sales Plans will align to Store Action Plan.
- Create prospecting lists based on Standard Industrial Code (SIC) index for each store to support action plans.
- Conducts joint calls to assess the performance of salespeople in the field on a regular basis using the Kal Tire Coaching Guide.
- Educates sales team by establishing programs/seminars in the areas of new account sales, existing account growth and products (OTR, retreading, truck, industrial, etc.).
- Coaches CRM/Coaches Sales Process.
- Makes joint sales calls with store manager as required.
Sales Force Management
- Works with outside sales team members to keep account activities and literature current, accurate, and complete. Conduct ride-alongs with sales team members.
- Assists sales team member in developing sales plans for each account.
- Forecasts and maintain annual, quarterly and monthly sales for the region.
- In conjunction with local Corporate Account Managers (CAM), identifies, plans and attends regional promotions and trade shows.
- In conjunction with Senior Zone Manager (SZM), plan and lead Regional Sales Meetings. Attends weekly store sales meeting when possible.
- Works collaboratively with Corporate Account Managers and sales team members on business related to Key Accounts.
- Produce a monthly report which summarizes sales activities and other regional sales highlights to local CAMs/SCAMs/V.P. Sales/SZM/Senior RSM.
- Analyze the effectiveness of sales programs; recommend and implement changes based on findings.
- Develops and facilitates sales related training as part of Kal Tire’s Centralized Training program.
- Other sales related projects as identified by the Senior Business Development Manager (sales training, product seminar development, committee participation, etc.)
- Responsible for the planning and recruitment of new salespeople in each region
- Performs quarterly/annual performance reviews. Based on this, develops a personal development plan for each sales team member.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Performs a minimum of two off-site safety audits per salesperson per year.
- Supports all aspects of Kal Tire’s Journey to Zero safety program.
- ‘Speak up’ in a consistent manner throughout the region regarding safety – recognizing good behavior and acting on unsafe behavior when it is noticed.
- Support safety and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities and recommend changes when required.
- Lead by example regarding safety and CSR practices.
The Key Performance Indicators for this role are:
- Sales based on individual sales team member goals and regional goals.
- CRM utilization by salesperson.
- Satisfaction from training participants and store managers on the quality of training and coaching. (Participant survey).
- Annual 360 which includes salespeople/store managers/Vernon office.
- Performance to Business Plan/Personal Development Plan.
- Annual Goal Evaluation Audit Sheet
- At least 5 years’ experience working at Kal Tire in a commercial sales role, or at least 5 years account management or sales management in related industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven track record with territory management and customer analysis
- Demonstrated ability in sales management and coaching
- Experience with business analysis, and customer reporting.
- Proven record / knowledge of consultative selling process.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
- Ability to create and edit sales materials and presentations.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events.
- Post graduate diploma or degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Flexible to travel as required.
- Valid driver’s license.
Kal Tire AIMS
Must be consistently able to demonstrate the Kal Tire AIMS:
- Earn trust of customers by providing them with quality and value of service and products.
- Work productively, efficiently, and contribute.
- Work towards expansion of the company and maintain competitiveness in the industry.
- Honesty and Integrity.
- Customer Focus - Within their area of responsibility, ensures customer focus is embedded into day to day activities. Understands how to balance customer needs with Kal Tire’s objectives. Educates the team on how to provide service based on the AIMS. Seen as a trusted and credible advisor who customers are comfortable discussing business needs with.
- Negotiation - Approaches issues or disagreements with the objective of reaching a ‘win-win’ solution. Uses influence to convince others of a point of view. Makes practical concessions.
- Financial Acumen - Is proficient at understanding general financial concepts impacting their area of responsibility such as budgeting, profit and loss, and cash flow management. Applies this knowledge to issues within their area of responsibility.
- Continuous Improvement - Constantly looks for ways to improve the quality of products and services. Looks outside Kal Tire for best practices. Ensures the team meets or exceeds quality standards.
- Decisive Judgment - Takes personal responsibility for decisions and wisely considers the impact of decisions on the organization and key stakeholders. Often solving problems which set a precedent. Makes good decisions in a timely and confident manner.
- Visioning - Identifies long term goals and develops strategic solutions that can be successfully implemented. Views tactical issues from a broad perspective. Supports and champions the strategic initiatives of others.
- Drive for Results - Sets or helps others to establish goals and objectives. Assumes personal responsibility for the success of the organization and their operational area. Persists, even when faced with obstacles, to achieve results.
- Planning and Organizing - Able to set and achieve department objectives; collaborates with others to ensure buy in and support. Effectively handles multiple demands and competing deadlines. Reports on results to key stakeholders.
- Manages Others - Works through others to accomplish objectives and encourages performance through motivation and feedback. Holds people accountable. Sensibly delegates according to people’s capability and strengths.
- Teamwork - Creates high performing teams. Understands the difference between productive and unproductive conflict. Constructively works through team conflict within various teams they collaborate with.
- Coaching and Developing - Identifies and develops high potential team members. Empowers others to achieve results through coaching and mentoring; helps others to develop their capabilities and grow their career. Provides feedback in a supportive manner.
- Relationship Management - Develops and maintains positive relationships with individuals outside their direct team who they need to collaborate with. Communicates with the company's senior partners with business knowledge and credibility.
- Organizational Savvy - Builds cooperation and communication between multiple teams in order to achieve cross functional goals. Demonstrates understanding of the social and organizational dynamics within the organization.
- Champion Change - Creates and implements strategic change initiatives. Builds support of those affected by the change and takes responsibility to ensure that important changes are successfully implemented. Can lead change in geographically dispersed environments.
- Influencing and Persuading - Able to convince others to adopt a course of action. Understands their audience and modifies their method of persuasion accordingly. Is able to engage in lively conversations when others challenge their point of view.
Kal Tire offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.