Outside Sales Representative
Kal Tire is currently hiring for an Outside Sales Representative.
Our company is the largest independently owned tire dealer in Canada. Our 250 locations offer clean and safe work environments encouraging a motivating and fun atmosphere. We are looking for relentless problem solvers who not only have strong technical skills but who are also good communicators and thrive in the service industry.
As the ideal candidate, you have a strong background and commitment to establishing long-term customer relationships. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, you will influence to create an upbeat atmosphere in the workplace and contribute to the store’s profitability.
- Prospect for potential customers using various direct methods such as calling and face to face meetings, and indirect methods such as networking
- Identify leads, manage prospects and acquire new business
- Conduct selling activities on a face-to-face basis
- Meet and exceed established sales gross profits on a quarterly basis
- Cultivate effective long-term relationships with key influencers and decision makers
- Sell to all levels of management, particularly senior levels
- Develop and present written proposals both self-initiated and in response to customer requests (RFP, RFQ, RFI)
- Prepare and conduct formal group presentations at management levels of larger clients
- Build account plans, based on customer business objectives and future business plans, using a consultative selling approach.
- Develop medium and long-term sales strategies with a focus on customer needs and growth in gross profit.
- Maintain a high degree of competitive and product knowledge including evolving technology trends across the full range of our products and services
- Conduct comprehensive results analysis including wins-losses and develops/executes appropriate actions plans
- Develop and document a personal territorial, account and/or sales call plan
- Effectively utilize and maintain sales tools including CRM, KPT along with others available
- Work on an autonomous basis to meet broad job objectives
- Act as relationship broker to focus internal/external subject matter experts on customer problem solving for added value to customer and company
- 3+ yrs. experience in a structured outside consultative sales role preferred
- Strong hunting skills with a focus on building new business
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Consistently meeting deadlines within a fast paced work environment and works effectively within time constraints
- Strong ability to work independently to efficiently manage the assigned territory and accounts
- Cold calling experience
- “Outside the box” thinking
- High school diploma or GED at minimum
- University or College degree in Business Administration and/or Marketing or equivalent education and experience preferred
- Sales training similar to Dale Carnegie, or CPSA Sales management an asset
- Daily travel required within the territory or region, along with periodical travel for team meetings within our store’s network.
Kal Tire offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, RRSP with company match, team member discounts and more.
Kal Tire offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.