Cyber Security Engineer
CYBER SECURITY ENGINEER
The Cyber Security Engineer is an integral role in defining and assessing the Kal Tire cyber security strategy, architecture, and practices. This position works closely with all teams in Information Services and other departments throughout Kal Tire to evaluate and identify cyber security risks and ensure mitigation plans that are appropriate for Kal Tire are built, implemented, and verified.
- Researches and stays in the forefront of attacker tools, tactics, and procedures and uses this knowledge to continuously evolve the Kal Tire cyber security standards, monitoring and defensive solutions.
- Define and owns the Information Systems cyber security principles that are used to guide decision-making when designing new solutions.
- Participates in projects to evaluate and define cyber security requirements and ensures all requirements are fully implemented.
- Performs risk assessments, threat modeling, privacy assessments and information security reviews on all technology and systems.
- Performs regular penetration, vulnerability assessments and audits of our cyber security practices and solutions.
- Develops, trains, and tests the major cyber security incident response plan including simulation tests and tabletop exercises.
- Owns all processes and procedures for the resolution and investigation of cyber security incidents.
- Participates in the change management process to ensure cyber security concerns are addressed.
- Researches and coordinates cyber security training for technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Facilitates the cyber security working group that includes key members from across Information Services teams.
- Facilitates cyber security governance meetings that are composed of senior leaders from the Information Services Management team
- Define and implements dashboards and reporting with key monitoring metrics and alerting for all levels of the organization.
- 3-5 years’ experience working with Microsoft Azure, Office 365, and other cloud platforms.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a role that included a significant focus on cyber security or relevant combination of education and experience or relevant combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated broad knowledge of all facets of the cyber security landscape including best practices, vendor solutions, threat hunting, incident response and security frameworks and architectures.
- Significant knowledge of security infrastructure solutions such as NGFW, IPS, 2FA, DLP, and EDR/ATP.
- Experience collaborating with team members across multiple technology disciplines to ensure security safeguards and features are integrated into enterprise system and solution designs.
- Experience facilitating conversation with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and proactive thinking skills.
- Experience using SIEM or SIM products such as Splunk or Microsoft Sentinel.
- Strong verbal communication, active listening, and ability to negotiate and persuade stakeholders to reach a consensus.
- Strong scripting skills in solutions such as PowerShell and Python.
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Preferred candidates will have cyber security training and certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or OSCP
- Travel to Kal Tire locations.
- Evening and occasional weekend work may be required.
- Oncall may be required.
- Currently hold and maintain a valid class 5 BC driver’s license.