Accounts Payable Administrator
Kal Tire is Canada’s largest independent tire dealer and one of North America’s largest commercial tire dealers with over 250 Kal Tire retail and commercial stores in Canada, warehouse facilities and 10 retread manufacturing plants. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is a global leader in mining tire service and supply, operating on more than 150 mine sites across 18 countries and five continents. The company employs more than 6,500 team members globally.
The A/P Support role combines duties, knowledge and skillset to the Systems and Processes Role, the Maintenance & Support Perceptive role and AP Admin 2 role. The responsibility is to provide fluent support to process eft & chq files and payments, A/P transactions to support daily, weekly, monthly transactions and for support to the coordination and maintenance of the A/P Image Now system. In addition, an alternate to support new users of ImageNow.
Payment and transaction processing
- Create weekly, monthly and adhoc eft and chq files for review, prior to eft/chq runs
- Process cheque runs as per schedule and ad hoc cheque requests.
- Process cheque corrections for weekly and scheduled cheque runs.
- Liaise with Treasury to initiate process to create bank files for EFT and wire transfers.
- Generate processing for weekly EFTs.
- Coordinate with Treasury to post foreign currency wire transfers.
- Coordinate month end processing by ensuring that Rubco and Inventory entries have been completed according to deadlines, and that A/P data is loaded and processed appropriately.
Maintenance of A/P PeopleSoft system
- Act as a contact person to address system performance issues.
Coordination of A/P Image Now system
- Set up new locations as required.
- Generate queries to load vendors into location accounts.
- Run scripts to troubleshoot.
- Create views to assist customers to retrieve vendor history.
- Ensure vouchers are loaded and processed in a timely manner on a daily and monthly basis to ensure prompt payment.
- Coordinate ImageNow month end deadlines with Rubco and Inventory. Ensure information is accurate and loaded appropriately.
- Maintain Image Now system by updating all users and limits changes for locations.
- Implement enhancements and conduct cycle tests.
- Liaise with IS and Accounting to support Rubco, Inventory and A/P with use of Image Now.
- Act as the contact person to address ImageNow (EForm) performance issues.
- Generate and gather data to report on timeline of conception to completion of an invoice (ie – action time, turnaround time and pending time).
- Respond to ad hoc requests for information from other departments in the Vernon Office.
Provision Perceptive support to team members
- Provide support to team members of Image Now.
Business Critical Relief
- Provide vacation/absenteeism Business critical relief to other AP Administrators.
- Provide requested information to locations, Vernon Office and vendors.
- Act as point of contact for customer issues and concerns.
- Ensure First Class customer service is provided to all Kal Tire locations, vendors and customers.
- Minimum 3 years Accounts Payable or related experience
- Previous experience in a computerized A/P system
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Upbeat positive attitude
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Exceptional communication skills
- Extremely high level of attention to detail
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making ability
- Extensive knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent
- Post-secondary education in Accounting or equivalent
- Overtime as required
KAL TIRE AIMS
Must be consistently able to demonstrate the Kal Tire AIMS.