OTR Commercial Tire Technician - Golden, BC
Commercial Tire Technician - Golden, BCKal Tire is Canada’s largest independent tire dealer and one of North America’s largest commercial tire dealers with over 250 Kal Tire retail and commercial stores in Canada, warehouse facilities and 9 retread manufacturing plants. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is a global leader in mining tire service and supply, servicing more than 150 mine sites across five continents. The company employs more than 7,000 team members globally.
Kal Tire is recruiting for a Commercial Tire Technician with a focus on providing top service to our customers by performing front shop service, off-site fleet service and roadside assistance. As the ideal candidate, you have a strong desire to be in the automotive industry, have a passion for people and understand the true value of good customer service. Reporting to the Store Manager, you will be willing to drive a Kal Tire road service vehicle that is outfitted with tools and supplies.
We will provide a thorough training program that includes hands on experience, product and safety training, and opportunities for an apprenticeship are possible once you have proven yourself for a minimum of 12 months.
• Troubleshoot, repair and perform service work on a wide variety of commercial tires and wheels including: removing wheel assemblies, dismounting tires, balancing, inflating and installation, reinstallations and diagnostics
• Respond to highway and night calls in Golden and the surrounding areas
• Provide exceptional customer service and exceed every customers' expectations
• When not out on road calls, assist with designated in-shop service as directed by supervisor
• Contribute to a safe and environmentally responsible workplace by following all safety standards and environmental policies while ensuring work is done on time
Required Skills and Experience
• 1+ year of road service or commercial tire technician experience is considered an asset
• Experience operating service truck
• Mechanical aptitude and ability to problem solve on the spot
• Methodical and patient approach and ability to pay attention to the details
• Strong team player who is able to work unsupervised
• Ability to excel in a physically demanding environment and comfortable lifting 50lbs at shoulder height
• Safety mindset, willing to wear all required PPE, and follow all safety procedures
Education and Special Requirements
• A high school diploma is a minimum requirement
• Automotive pre-employment program or high school shop experience is considered an asset
• Valid class 5 driver’s license
• Must be comfortable driving and working at night
We want to hear from you! All applicants are encouraged to visit us at www.kaltire.com/careers. We are an equal opportunity employer; if you are contacted by Kal Tire regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
Start Your Journey With Us.