Senior Network Administrator- Remote
Senior Network Administrator (Remote)
The Senior Network Administrator is a senior level position which serves to design and develop secure Network system solutions. This position is expected to work on complex projects, which may include evolving existing systems or implementing new technology. This position is also responsible for performing analytical, technical and support work in the planning, implementation, documentation, and administration of all Networking systems.
The Kal Tire network is a critical technology that connects our global operations and Team Members while ensuring cyber security, reliability, and performance standards are maintained. The network is built using design principles from Zero Trust security model and CIS hardening guidelines and modern technology such as NGFW and SD-WAN.
• Documentation and administration of all Network Infrastructure.
• Serves as a lead technical trouble-shooter and coordinator on complex network issues affecting mission critical applications.
• Ensures that documentation of Network topology and configurations are maintained.
• Author detailed system design documents.
• Propose and submit solution recommendations, including costs, benefits, risks, and ROI.
Troubleshooting & Maintenance
• Oversees and performs network maintenance duties.
• Ensures network is fully optimized for application performance and high availability.
• Proactively identify ongoing cost optimization, performance enhancement, and growth strategies.
• Works closely with Cyber Security Architect and Technical Solutions Architect to research, design and implement security solutions, including working with managed services.
• Defines Network segmentation, security zones and access control policies.
Network Growth & Planning
• Performs research and analysis for potential technology solutions to business needs.
• Seeks opportunities to automate or streamline manual tasks.
• Delivers emerging technology presentations.
• Stays up to date with technical and industry developments.
• Six or more years’ experience working as a Network Administrator for a medium to large enterprise with complex technology environments.
• Six or more years of progressive experience in a Network Administrator role with knowledge of Cisco Routing and Switching devices, Cisco Wireless Access Points and Controllers, Palo Alto Firewall Appliances, Load Balancers, VOIP Telephony, Hybrid Cloud Connectivity, Microsoft Azure, SD-WAN, Network performance and monitoring tools.
• Two or more years’ experience providing technical leadership and/or individual mentorship
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Cisco Routing and Switching devices, Cisco/Meraki Wireless Access Points and Controllers, Palo Alto Firewall Appliances, Load Balancers, VOIP Telephony, Video Conferencing, Hybrid Connectivity, Microsoft Azure, SD-WAN, Network performance and monitoring tools.
• Post-secondary graduate with a degree, diploma or certificate in computer science or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
About Kal Tire
Kal Tire is the largest independently owned tire dealer in Canada with over 250 locations. Our business philosophy centers on exceeding our customers’ expectations and relies on our entrepreneurial team members to provide exceptional customer service.