Productivity Services Specialist
PRODUCTIVITY SERVICES SPECIALIST
Kal Tire’s Mining Division is a tire management service company that works on over 20 mining operations across Canada. We enable our customers to be productive and safe, helping them get the most out of their tires by maximizing equipment availability while ensuring a safe working environment at all times. Our business is expanding and we are growing our Productivity Services team. Your role is to support our range of productivity tools on customer sites and identify opportunities for improvement.
The role includes conducting weigh scale and volumetric scanning studies as well as supporting ongoing productivity systems such as tire pressure management sensors and Thermal Image inspection systems. Data analysis and customer presentations are a key part of the job. The role includes a lot of travel and time away from home.
You will be safety-focused above all else. And love looking for opportunities through both hands-on work and data analytics to drive positive change. We’d love to hear from you.
Identification & Selection
- Review industry offerings to identify, test and select technical solutions that support our Service
- Delivery goals that help improve customer tire performance and productivity.
- Liaise with Canadian Sales and Site Managers to support the implementation of technologies.
- Support Operations and our customers to implement safety and training relating to MTG Technical Services and products.
- Liaise with Equipment OEMs to implement technology updates as required by MTG Canada and their mining clients.
- Keep track of local technology systems inventory.
- Maintain and manage accurate data records of data gathered from technical studies.
- Support the development of reports that demonstrate the value of our technical services in enhancing customer productivity, tire performance or in reducing truck downtime.
Service Consistency and Resource Allocation
- Liaise with the Productivity Services Team Lead to ensure Kal Tire resources are allocated smoothly to support site studies.
- 3 years or more experience working in an industrial/engineering environment.
- Experience working on mine sites is preferred but not essential.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Effective project management skills include developing project plans and achieving key milestones, despite competing demands.
- Ability to work remotely on own initiative.
- Aptitude for logical problem-solving.
- Effective writing skills and the ability to write technical reports.
- Data Analysis skills and use of data visualization software (eg. PBI)
- Effective and engaging presentation skills.
- Up to date knowledge of related industry trends and how to apply them.
- Knowledge of statistical measurement methodology. Possesses a high degree of accuracy in multiple facets such as accounting functions, reconciliations, record keeping, etc.
- Proficient in English and French
- Post-Secondary education in an applicable field, preferably Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering.
- Willing to travel approximately 50% of time domestically, yet travel will be cyclical and dependent on safety programs and issues being rolled out and attended to.
- Some international travel may be required.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record for the past three years.