Windows Administrator II (remote within Canada)
The Windows Administrator II will report directly to the Team Lead, Enterprise Infrastructure in our Vernon office, BC. As part of the Enterprise Infrastructure (EI) team who is responsible for the design and implementation of Microsoft system solutions in a private and public cloud environment, the person will support with a variety of tasks in relation to complex projects, which may include evolving existing systems or implementing new technology. This position is also responsible for performing analytical, technical and support work in the planning, implementation; documentation and administration of Infrastructure solutions.
Additionally, this professional will participate in the design and implementation of complete system solutions and therefore is required to have knowledge of other technology such as Network, Storage, Backups, Virtualizations, High Availability, Disaster Recovery and other operating systems such as Linux.
- Builds, implements and manages systems in Microsoft Azure and On-premise environments
- Administers Office 365 cloud tenant, hybrid cloud integrations and single sign-on infrastructure.
- Perform analytical, technical and administrative work in the planning, design, installation, documentation and administration of all Windows server applications and hardware
- Serves as a technical troubleshooter on server and workstation issues
- Defines Windows server security and access control
- Ensures that documentation of server topology and system configurations are maintained
- Authors detailed system design documents
- Propose solution recommendations, including costs, benefits, risks and ROI
- Supports team members as required to provide a positive customer experience including after hour coverage
- Coordinate testing and deployment of ongoing patches/upgrades
- Proactively identify ongoing cost optimization, performance enhancement, and growth strategies
- Performs research and analysis for potential technology solutions to business needs.
- Seeks opportunities to automate or streamline manual tasks
- Delivers emerging technology presentations
- Stays up-to-date with technical and industry developments.
- Adheres to the established processes and procedures within the IS Department
- Establishes and maintains close working relationships with vendors and service providers
- Prepares and delivers informative, well-organized presentations and communications
- Leads infrastructure projects
- Plans, schedules and coordinates activities
- Two years’ experience working with Microsoft Azure and Office 365 cloud services and implementing solutions using IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Three years’ experience working as a Windows Systems Administrator for a medium to large enterprise with complex technology environments
- Three years of progressive experience in a Windows Systems Administrator role with knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, VMware or HyperV and Citrix.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Windows 2019 Server, Active Directory, Exchange, IIS, SharePoint, SQL, VMware, Citrix, Azure, O365, Hybrid Cloud Identity
- Post-secondary graduate with a degree, diploma or certificate in computer science or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Occasional travel may be required
- Ability to participate in on-call after hours support rotation
- Evening and occasional weekend work will be required
About Kal Tire
Kal Tire is the largest independently owned tire dealer in Canada with over 250 locations. Our business philosophy centers on exceeding our customers’ expectations and relies on our entrepreneurial team members to provide exceptional customer service.