Manager, Field Services - Northern Alberta
Reporting to the Zone Manager, Commercial, Edmonton, AB, the Manager, Regional Field Service is responsible for optimizing the Field Service business within a region while providing operational support, which includes management of service delivery operations (end to end) and improvements made on service performance. The Manager, Regional Field Service must focus on creating a safe environment and an efficient operation based on the Kal Tire AIMS.
- Focus on building overall business performance using indicators such as customer service level, profitability and growth; develop and meet targets in business growth and profitability.
- Focus on profitability by controlling costs and expanding market share.
- Support sales group and Regional Sales Manager in analyzing new business opportunities and growing field service segment of the business.
- Provide support and oversight to the Supervisor, Field Service Operations Support in managing the day to day functions of the Field Service business.
- Forecast and assess workforce requirements based upon contract commitments and potential future business.
- Determine best practices for various procedures. Work with the Field Service team and sales group to develop fleet service procedures and efficiencies, ensuring they are well defined and understood.
- Oversight of the Field Service operation which provides best careers for team members while building customer trust.
- Act as liaison between sales and operations for the purposes of field service business.
- Ensure equipment fleet’s image and cleanliness is upheld.
- Responsible for providing customer service which exceeds that available from the competition or expected by the customer
- Demonstrate superior knowledge in maintaining service quality across tire repair and installation services
- Ensure Field Service team is providing top notch customer service
Health, Safety & Environment
- Support all aspects of Kal Tire’s Journey to Zero.
- Initiate conversations around safety by recognizing best practices and acting on unsafe behavior when it is observed.
- Lead by example regarding safety, CSR practices and compliance.
- Support the Health and Safety Committee.
- Ensure onsite inspections are completed by the sales group on a monthly basis.
- Personally lead onsite inspections and follow safe work procedures on site.
- Ensure the appropriate resources are available and maintained for the Field Service team, ensuring safety and image standards are adhered to.
Training & Development
- Support the Supervisor, Field Service Operations in developing an onboarding and training program which will ensure team members have the knowledge and skills needed to meet our commitments.
- Proactively train team members to attend to differing customer needs, perform superior tire repair and installation work.
- Assess training requirements based on both current and future business needs.
- Promote a work environment in which team members can continuously improve their skills and expertise through training and development.
- Support, guide and provide direct supervision to the Field Service Technicians and to the Supervisor, Field Service Operations Support.
- Recruit Field Service Technicians and ensure they receive appropriate training to meet service level objectives.
- Provide leadership to the Field Service Technicians and Supervisor, Field Service Operations Support by coaching and evaluating / managing their performance on a regular and ongoing basis.
- Set clear understanding of annual targets and objectives; lead team in working towards achievements.
- Mentor / coach the Supervisor, Field Service Operations in team management.
- Ensure a professional image is maintained across the Field Service team members, facility and equipment.
- Foster a safe, healthy and positive work environment.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Long term success is built through overall business performance measured in terms of profitability, growth and customer service levels.
- Professional image is maintained across Field Service team members, facility and equipment.
- Satisfactory net profit.
- Team members work well together in a safe, positive environment.
- Safety record.
- Operations management experience, preferably in Field Service.
- Management experience with a focus on customer service.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Above average interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to develop a work environment based on a team approach.
- Understanding of sales and business development.
- Solid understanding of, and demonstrated ability in, the core functions of business needed to support a satisfactory net profit such as control of expenses, inventory and labor.
- Awareness of changing business conditions and ability to seek opportunities.
- Commitment to safety in the workplace.
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on accountability to the business processes.
- High level of integrity.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Grade 12 or GED equivalent.
- Travel within the region.
Kal Tire AIMS
Must be consistently able to demonstrate the Kal Tire AIMS:
- Earn trust of customers by providing them with quality and value of service and products.
- Work productively, efficiently, and contribute.
- Work towards expansion of the company and maintain competitiveness in the industry.
- Honesty and Integrity.