The Demand Planner is responsible for the maintenance and evolution of existing forecasting models as well as the development of new models based on industry trends and demand patterns. They will positively contribute and help manage category sales and profitability.
- Maintain and manage the rules and parameters of existing forecasting models.
- Maintain A/B/C velocity designations for SKUs
- Propose and implement solutions to improve forecast accuracy to better align with industry trends and demand patterns.
- Develop and maintain high-level forecast based on regional tire size and vehicle data.
- Support the buyers and management with risk assessments and mitigation activities.
- Effectively communicate forecast estimations and changes to the buying group.
- Address demand related issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Work with marketing and product management team to plan demand for promotions, special deals and/or fleet buys.
- Analyze warehouse vs. store demand patterns to identify gaps
- Integrate 3rd party and other sources of information to enrich our product forecasts
- Work with product management, stores and wholesale on long term plans for product forecasts and buying
- Be the company expert on the toolsets and methods to support other areas of the company on demand planning related activities
- Support and assist with store replenishment activities including demand modeling and min/max inventory level setting
Stock Analysis and Velocity
- Regularly review stocked products and update forecasting models with relevant product classification codes based on sales velocity and/or market changes.
- Align with the product management group when new vendors and/or SKU’s come into the product lineup.
- Analyze demand patterns and product availability to determine appropriate safety stock levels
- Review and report on historical sales trends and demand drivers.
- Evaluate forecast results and recommend changes to increase the accuracy of the forecast models.
Key Performance Indicators
- Inventory turns by product velocity
- Refined systems and methods to continually improve forecasting models and results
- Develop and report against personal annual objectives
- Forecast accuracy
- Forecast bias
- Minimum 3 years experience in Supply Chain, Forecasting, or Inventory Management-related activities
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Experience with Kal Tire KINS system or other ERP and/or Warehouse Management Systems
- Knowledge of forecasting tools and/or models.
- Ability to prepare and present reports suitable for team discussion.
- Ability to perform basic business analytics (sales reporting, etc)
- Effective conflict resolution skills
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Able to develop and maintain effective, positive internal/external working relationships with a diverse group of individuals throughout the organization; a team player.
- Advanced level proficiency of Excel, Outlook and MS Word.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work on special projects
- Analytical and logical thinking with attention to detail skills
- Post-Secondary Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Computer Science or related discipline; or equivalent work experience in inventory planning or forecasting.