Kal Tire is Canada’s largest independent tire dealer and one of North America’s largest commercial tire dealers with over 260 Kal Tire retail and commercial stores in Canada, warehouse facilities and 10 retread manufacturing plants. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is a global leader in mining tire service and supply, operating on more than 150 mine sites across 18 countries and five continents. The company employs more than 6,500 team members globally.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer and working with the Manager, Service Delivery, the IS Executive Administrative Assistant provides executive support to the CIO and administrative support to the IS Department. Their core purpose is to facilitate the smooth administrative operation of the department and to represent Kal Tire and the IS Department in a positive and diplomatic manner to team members, other departments, customers and suppliers.
- Act as an internal and external point of contact for the IS Department, the CIO and the IS management team.
- Provide administrative support to the CIO including calendar management and scheduling, expense management, screening incoming mail, writing routine correspondence and helping the CIO manage
dayto day department operations.
- Arrange travel and associated logistics for the CIO, IS team members, contractors and sometimes visitors.
- Schedule and coordinate events for the department, including arranging suitable venues and purchasing, preparing and distributing materials for events, meetings and training.
- Participate in the review of departmental financial statements and liaise with the Finance Department on changes and adjustments to the financial statements.
- Review and correctly code invoices for project, contractor and technology supplier expenses according to departmental accounting policies.
- Perform analysis of financial, payroll and HR data, and information from other sources.
- Participate in the administration of payroll, overtime and attendance on behalf of the IS management team.
- Provide backup and peak period support for other administrative functions within the IS Department, e.g. Telecommunications and Purchasing
- Provide advanced level general administrative support within the IS Department to assist with the smooth operations of the department.
- Participate in the establishment and maintenance of departmental files and records.
- On occasion, provide coordination and administrative support to IS projects.
- Coordinate the on-boarding process for new IS team members.
- Take and distribute minutes at
ISDepartment and other meetings as required.
- At least 3 years of senior administrative experience supporting executive level management, preferably in a work environment which required working positively with diverse groups of departments and internal and external stakeholders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Advanced-level proficiency in Microsoft Office and associated tools.
- Proficiency with PeopleSoft Financials and HCM/Payroll or similar ERP systems.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, frequent interruptions, and some pressure.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Ability to manage sensitive issues with confidentiality, tact and discretion.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Post-secondary diploma preferred.
- Able to work a flexible schedule from time to time.
KAL TIRE AIMS
- Must be consistently able to demonstrate the Kal Tire AIMS.