Outside Sales Representative - Calgary
Kal Tire is Canada’s largest independent tire dealer with over 250 Kal Tire stores from BC to ON servicing both retail and commercial customers. Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group services and supplies more than 150 mine sites across five continents. As the largest truck tire retreader in Canada, Kal Tire owns and operates 10 retread facilities and has an additional five earthmover retreading facilities in Canada, the UK, Chile and Ghana.
The company employs more than 5,600 team members worldwide who are guided by the AIMS of the Kal Tire Team. One of these aims highlights the company’s ongoing commitment to the career of every team member, focusing on quality leadership, training and opportunities for advancement.
The Outside Commercial Sales representative is responsible for prospecting new business, acquiring new accounts, managing and growing the accounts. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager and working in partnership with the Store Manager, the Outside Commercial Sales representative will develop ongoing, profitable relationships with customers and continually maintain a professional image of the company.
Key Components of the Role Include
- Prospect and develop accounts in their region to increase revenue.
- Assist in the development of the Store Action Plan, specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each territory (based on historical data, market trends and competitive activity).
- Account Plan will be developed based on territory sales and gross profit targets.
- Maintain accurate records through sales management software (CRM) utilization.
- Utilize Dale Carnegie Sales Process and current sales tools.
- Perform professional presentations or demonstrations of company products/services.
- Build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for revenue growth.
- Make front-line assessment of market conditions and advise company Account Managers and store management of findings.
- Educate the customer on the value of the tire program.
- Penetrate all targeted accounts and radiate sales from within client base.
- Actively manage call schedule to adequately cover assigned territory in a time-efficient manner.
- Forecasts and maintain annual, quarterly and monthly sales for the region.
- Attends and fully participates in all sales meetings including store partners meetings.
- Assists in the planning and attends all regional promotions and trade shows.
- Works collaboratively with Corporate Account Managers to support Key Accounts.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Supports all aspects of Kal Tire’s Journey to Zero.
- ‘Speak up’ in a consistent manner throughout the region regarding safety – recognizing good behavior and acting on unsafe behavior when it is noticed.
- Support safety and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities and recommend changes when required.
- Lead by example regarding safety and CSR practices.
- Performs a minimum of two off-site safety audits per salesperson per year.
- At least four years’ experience working at Kal Tire in a commercial sales role, or at least 5 years account management or sales management in related industry.
- Experience in the tire industry preferred.
Desired Work Experience, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with business analysis, and customer reporting Proven track record with territory management and customer analysis
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas.
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-visit planning, call control, account development, and time and territory management.
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills.
- Experience with customer relationship management software.
- Flexible to travel as required
- University or college diploma or degree in business, or an acceptable combination of education and experience is preferred.
Kal Tire AIMS
- Must be consistently able to demonstrate the Kal Tire AIMS