Manager, Change Management
Manager, Change Management
Are you an experienced, senior change management professional ready to do something big with your career? As part of the Kal Tire family, you’ll be part of a unique culture of teamwork and true service where you can chase your goals, grow your career and give back to the community in the same way we have for more than 60 years.
Kal Tire is hiring a Manager, Change Management, responsible for providing change management strategy, advice and implementation to support digital change initiatives at the company. This role is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating change management activities related to assigned projects to ensure project goals or objectives are accomplished within approved timeframe, scope and budget, stakeholders are engaged and supported and change is successfully managed.
The ideal candidate has a deep knowledge of various Organizational Change Management (OCM) methodologies and the ability to apply best practices from amongst those methodologies to ensure project success while building strong, trusted relationships that support change management.
Live, work and play in the Okanagan
While Kal Tire is an international company with more than 6,500 team members, we stay true to our roots and the small-town values Kal Tire was founded on in 1953. If you’re part of the team, you’re part of the family. While you’ll start working remotely to respect public health guidelines, the position is located at our Vernon office, where we offer a state-of-the-art building featuring modern workspaces, gourmet catering and wellness activities.
Nestled at the tip of the two beautiful lakes and at the foot of majestic mountains, for outdoor enthusiasts, Vernon truly has it all: beaches, hiking, world-class skiing and balmy temperatures to enjoy the laid-back Okanagan lifestyle year round. Best of all, the lakes and hills are just minutes from your door—at home or at work.
- Leads the development and implementation of OCM methodology, strategies and plans to support large to medium scale transformation projects
- Conducts stakeholder analysis, organizational impact and change readiness assessments to identify change impacts on leaders, team members, and external stakeholders and associated risks
- Develops and implements OCM strategies and plans to mitigate risks and successfully transition impacted stakeholders through the changes, including the implementation of communication, engagement, change leadership, training, and resistance management strategies and plans
- Conducts training needs assessments, and leads the development of training strategies, plans and materials on projects
- Supervises, coaches, trains and mentors program/project team members as required
- Provides consultation and coaching to leaders as part of projects and initiatives to ensure people change impacts and risks are identified, considered and resolved by the implementation of OCM strategies and plans
- Coaches and mentors project teams to ensure a structured application and integration of OCM methodologies within and across projects/programs that aligns with overall program/project plans and business objectives
- Works with Learning and Development, Human Resources, and Communications areas and others as necessary in the development and implementation of successful OCM strategies and plans
- Supports the development and enhancement of OCM practices and tools, training curriculum, templates and other materials to support leaders and team members in a consistent and structured approach to managing organizational and people changes
- Facilitates the development and use of performance metrics to define, measure and report on the progress and success of change and impacts to people on projects
- Acts as a change leader and advocate, including influencing project sponsors and change champions
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in a Senior OCM role, with demonstrated experience and expertise in OCM in large scale, complex change initiatives.
- Advanced project management knowledge including plan development; scheduling methodology; project metrics gathering, analyzing, and reporting; risk and issue assessment and quantification methodologies; cost/benefit analysis and alternatives identification; budgeting, financials and benefits management.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in various OCM methodologies, practices, and principles, and in large scale, complex change initiatives
- Demonstrated experienced in facilitation and consultation with a variety of stakeholder groups from senior executives to front line team members on range of simple to complex topics
- Proven ability to coach and mentor to facilitate effective change
- Completion of an undergraduate degree (Business, Organizational Behaviour or a related discipline). A combination of education, training, and experience deemed equivalent may be considered
- Change Management Professional Certification/Designation (e.g. Prosci, CCMP), or equivalent OCM training and experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate skills in MS Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project Office, Visio)
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and experience delivering training sessions would be an asset
- Proven experience in project management, including project planning and progress reporting
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills adaptable to a variety of audiences, understanding and anticipating reactions as a means to determining needs
- Advanced customer service orientation with the ability to present ideas, change plans and solutions and delivery approaches in a business-friendly context
When you begin a career at Kal Tire, you join a team of more than 6,500 team members who all share the same commitment to providing exceptional customer service while contributing to an interactive and upbeat team environment.
At Kal Tire, we want our team members to experience their Best Career. From mentorship programs, manager training and certification processes, to opportunities for advancement across the country, the possibilities are abundant at Kal Tire.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those under consideration will be contacted.