Alignment Tire Tech / Apprentice Mechanic
Alignment Tire Tech
If you have a strong desire to be in the automotive industry and enjoy collaborating with a high energy team, we have an opportunity for you!
Our company is the largest independently owned tire dealer in Canada. We are looking for relentless problem solvers who not only have strong technical skills, but who are also good communicators and thrive in the service industry.
If you meet these requirements, we want to hear from you!
• You continually strive to provide exceptional customer service and exceed every client’s expectations.
• You have the ability to excel in a physically demanding environment that includes heavy lifting and moving constantly throughout your shift.
• Perform tire removal/installation/repair service safely for all passenger and light truck vehicles. This includes removing wheel assemblies, dismounting tires, balancing, inflating and installing repaired or replacement tires, and reinstalling wheel assemblies according to procedure. This also includes diagnosing injuries, evaluating reparability, and choosing and carrying out proper repair methods.
• Assist and perform mechanical inspections and service including complete understanding and use of work order inspection procedures and tools, basic understanding and use of alignment machine, flush machines, oil lube and filter service as trained using the Kal Tire Mechanical Fundamentals training, and successful sign off by journeyman technician.
• Contribute to a safe and environmentally responsible workplace by following all safety and environmental policies and rules and by taking an active approach to accident prevention and environmental protection.
• Valid Driver’s Licence.
• Grade 12 or GED.
• Contribute to an upbeat atmosphere in the workplace by supporting and providing assistance to other team members.
• You have excellent communication skills, a mechanical aptitude and detail oriented.
• Competitive wages, with benefits, while gaining fundamental business knowledge.
• Working with a Well-Established Company – Kal Tire has been in business since 1953 and currently has over 250 store locations across Canada. Continued expansion plans lead to career advancement opportunities.
• Profit Sharing – Significant additional income can be obtained through our highly competitive profit sharing program that recognizes individual and team contributions.
• Technology – We grant everyone access to the newest tools and technology in both the automotive and business sectors, allowing all of our team members to gain the newest skills in today’s market.