The Apprentice Mechanic is responsible for the installation and repair of components and equipment accessories required for vehicle and equipment modifications as per Kal Tire specifications and for providing customer support under the guidance of the Mechanic.
This role is based out of our store location in Hearst, Ontario
Assembly and installation
- Receive Work Orders and schedules from the Production Coordinator.
- Assemble and install equipment or components on vehicles.
- Ensure modifications and installations meet requirements/specifications.
Repair and Maintenance
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical issues, and make necessary repairs.
- Be knowledgeable in the use of scanning tools to assist with problem diagnosis.
- Prepare quotes or estimates on job costs.
- Ensure the shop is maintained in a clean, safe and organized manner.
Customer Service / Issue Resolution
- Provide support to internal and external customers by responding to queries, troubleshooting, and working towards the resolution of issues.
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology, compliance, and current best practices/techniques.
- Operate other equipment and tools as needed to complete required jobs.
- Operate forklift to move components and equipment as necessary.
- Safely operate equipment and apply safety practices within the shop.
- Minimum 6 months to 2 years previous relatable experience, or relevant combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work in an environment that can be physically demanding.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Automotive electrical knowledge.
- Within accredited automotive or mechanical apprenticeship program year 2 or 3
- Hold and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Grade 12 or GED equivalent.
- Safety awareness/safety training.