Senior Lead Internal Auditor
Explore Our Global Operations
Are you passionate about travelling around the world? Are you an inquisitive person eager to learn how the business operates by analyzing internal processes? If you are looking for a great team and energetic work environment, Kal Tire is the right place for you. Operating in 18 countries across five continents, Kal Tire extends its service across the world. Travel will include Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, South America, and Southern and Western Africa.
Kal Tire is Canada’s largest independent tire dealer and one of North America’s largest commercial tire dealers with over 250 Kal Tire retail and commercial stores in Canada, warehouse facilities, and 10 retread manufacturing plants. In addition, The Kal Tire Mining Tire Group is a global leader delivering best-in-class customized solutions that ensure maximum productivity for all tire service, supply and safety needs. We are the only tire service provider capable of handling customer’s tire life-cycle requirements on an international basis. For 40 years, the Mining Tire Group has been building an enviable reputation for innovation, reliability and outstanding service.
British Columbia’s Okanagan lifestyle
Our corporate office is located in Vernon, British Colombia. Vernon is located on the shores of two lakes: Kalamalka Lake, known for its vibrant and picturesque colouring, and Okanagan Lake which is a tourist destination to many Canadians. Vernon is the commercial hub of the North Okanagan, a growing city of over 40,000 people with a central location and convenient access to the Kelowna International airport. The area provides the opportunity to live and work in a vibrant and active community that offers world class ski resorts, championship golf courses, mountain biking trails, popular recreational lakes and the vineyards of the Okanagan Valley. Kal Tire is the ideal place to have a rewarding career, while enjoying a truly balanced lifestyle.
Start your Journey With Us
Reporting to the Manager, Internal Audit, the Senior Lead Internal Auditor is focused on the relevance and value that can be derived from the internal audit process of Kal Tire’s Canadian and international operations. The objective of this role is to lead the full cycle internal audit process with specific focus on Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group operations, and secondary support to our domestic retail and commercial operations, as required. This includes supporting the Manager, Internal Audit in developing the annual audit plan, individual audit planning & scoping, execution of fieldwork, reporting, and project close out.
This position requires an individual who is highly confident and competent, possesses sound financial accounting and audit experience, including exposure to international operational processes and inherent self-management capabilities. The ideal candidate must have the ability to expand and apply audit skills across all areas of the business.
Assurance & Advisory engagements
- Planning and scoping internal audit reviews, including utilization of data analytics techniques to focus efforts on key risks to the organization.
- Executing internal audit reviews, including developing process documentation (i.e. flow charts, narratives and risk and control matrix) and audit procedures designed to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of the programs and controls established to mitigate risks.
- Presenting the results of internal audit reviews to management, including practical and cost-effective recommendations for issues identified during closing meetings.
- Drafting internal audit reports for review by the Manager and/or Director, Internal Audit.
- Partner with management to determine appropriate remediation steps and ensure corrective action is carried out.
- Participating in special projects and investigations as required.
- Obtaining current facts and information regarding emerging regulatory and industry issues to determine their impact on control systems and related reporting.
- Perform advisory engagements, providing value to the organization with projects such as the implementation of new enterprise applications and continuous improvement initiatives.
Leadership and Communication
- Provide a high level of customer service primarily to the Kal Tire Mining Tire Group, the Corporate office in Vernon, and senior operations leaders across the business.
- Represent Kal Tire and the internal audit group in a professional manner when conducting audits and/or consulting services, recognizing and respecting any protocol or cultural differences when travelling domestically and internationally.
- Communicate and work with all levels within the organization.
- Foster and develop a network within the business.
- Act as a resource and trusted advisor to the business.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other Internal Audit team members, as well as to the broader Kal Tire organization.
- Provide backup / support to Manager, Internal Audit and lead the team in Manager’s absence.
- Provide oversight of any co-source resources and guest auditors.
- 7+ years Management, Financial and IT audit experience in medium sized enterprises.
- International business experience, with preference for having direct exposure to working in the Africa and/or Latin America in an internal audit capacity.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Business process and risk mindset.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to work independently and with senior levels of management.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis and/or reasoning to identify underlying principals, reasons, or facts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT general controls and processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using data analytics tools to analyze and investigate trends in data.
- Ability to apply creative and constructive thinking to proposed recommendations for improvements to internal controls, procedures and policies.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential issues using developed discretion and judgment, while maintaining independence and objectivity.
- Ability to work alone and to plan and execute projects and to complete work within deadlines.
- Conscientious, thorough and detail-oriented.
- Capacity to understand the norms and values of other cultures.
- Ability to speak Spanish is considered an asset.
- Post-secondary Bachelor’s degree (or higher) with focus in accounting and / or finance.
- Recognized Canadian accounting designation is required (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA); or fully recognized equivalent under the Chartered Professional Accountants reciprocal program.
- Preference for applicants with additional relevant professional qualifications (e.g. Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE))
- Travel will be required both domestically and internationally.
- Must have a valid Passport for international travel.
HOW TO APPLY
Start your journey at Kal Tire by contacting our Vernon Office Recruitment Team or by applying directly through this advertisement.