Manager, Learning & Development
Working collaboratively with internal stakeholders at all levels within the business, the Manager, Learning & Development is responsible for leading the development and execution of learning strategy to support business objectives and drive improved performance. Contributing to a strengthened continuous-learning culture within Kal Tire is an anticipated role outcome. This position requires a leader who can easily combine thinking and doing. Balancing requirements for a systems-thinking orientation with an agile responsiveness to demand will be a key to success in the role. The incumbent will lead members of the learning team in the design, development, and implementation of effective and sustainable learning solutions and training program content and curricula. The primary focus will be on the Store Division; however, the scope of this role expands across Kal Tire’s lines of business.
- Align manager and team member learning and skill development with Kal Tire business objectives. Analyze learning gaps and opportunities in a rapidly evolving business environment and translate business and operational needs into integrated learning plans.
- On an ongoing basis, assess the effects of learning/training methodologies, tools, and platforms on business outcomes.
- Manage the full cycle of learning and training initiatives through effectively consulting with senior management and stakeholders, promoting clear understanding of learning project SOW’s (scope, timing, costs, and required resources) and overseeing solution planning, development, and delivery.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of specific learning experiences and training initiatives on manager and team member job performance and skill development over time. Act quickly to address any deficits and bring forward possible remedies.
- Design or source metrics/KPI’s to gauge effectiveness of training initiatives on the business.
- In concert with members of the broader HR team, actively contribute to the development of organizational capabilities to drive our business forward.
- Build strong working relationships across the business to position learning and training as an effective partner in operational effectiveness and continuous improvement.
- Provide hands-on leadership in the development of learning team members’ skill sets with an appropriately balanced focus on business performance and individual career aspiration.
- Keep current with trends, best practices, new technologies, and emerging innovations in the learning and training sphere. Provide informed perspective in decision-making processes regarding the acquisition, enhancement, or governance of Learning Management Systems or related technologies.
- Minimum 6 to 7 years’ progressive experience in the development and management of learning processes and solutions in mid-to-large sized companies, ideally within multi-site and diversified business models.
- 3 to 5 years’ people management experience in a learning development and delivery environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Business acumen with demonstrated ability to translate business needs to learning solutions.
- Demonstrated track record in developing and implementing learning and skill development programs in dynamic (non-static) environments.
- Well-developed skills in learning program design, curriculum development, instructional design and large group facilitation.
- Strong evidence of leadership capability.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Effective planning and organizing skills.
- Solid understanding of learning technology systems and learning management platforms.
- Project management capability to effectively guide progress on multiple and concurrent learning program deliverables.
- University degree in Business, HR, Education (Adult Learning), or related concentration.
- Travel when required.
KAL TIRE AIMS
Must be consistently able to demonstrate the Kal Tire AIMS:
- Earn trust of customers by providing them with quality and value of service and products.
- Work productively, efficiently, and contribute.
- Work towards expansion of the company and maintain competitiveness in the industry.
- Honesty and Integrity.
HOW TO APPLY
Start your journey at Kal Tire by contacting our Vernon Office Recruitment Team or by clicking Apply below!