Manager, Global Internal Audit
MANAGER, GLOBAL INTERNAL AUDIT
Are you inquisitive? Want to know how something works and why it works that way? Do you enjoy interacting with people from different backgrounds and expertise? Do you thirst for learning and gaining different insights or perspectives which may be different from yours?
The position requires an individual who is highly confident and competent, possesses sound financial accounting and audit experience, including exposure to operational processes, and international business.
Reporting to the Director Risk, Insurance and Internal Audit, the Manager, Global Internal Audit, will be responsible for developing the annual audit program and leading the Internal Audit team with responsibilities for assessing risks, and auditing major business processes, financial controls, third party arrangements, and other special projects in order to provide assurance to Management and the board. This role will also be seen as an advisor to the business to provide input and guidance on major projects or change initiatives.
Specific accountabilities for the role are based on the following activities the Internal Audit team is responsible for as follows:
- Oversee, develop, and enhance the analytics and CAATs program designed to identify potential theft, fraud, or other anomalies requiring further investigation.
- Develop a framework for implementing Robotic Process Automation (RPA) tools to enhance continuous auditing opportunities.
- Confidentially lead Internal Audit team in performing investigations as identified directly by the Internal Audit team, or from tips from other team members or cases identified through Kal Tire’s whistleblower program.
- Prepare, review, and oversee investigation files and supporting documentation and advise Human Resources and divisional management as to the strength of evidence to support corrective actions, if required.
- Where required, work with local law enforcement, HR, and Legal teams for investigations.
- Develop relationships at all levels of the organization to be seen, and called on, as an independent advisor to the business for major projects or initiatives.
- Using depth of knowledge of good business practices and internal controls, provide balanced, objective, guidance while remaining independent of implementation decisions.
Internal Controls and Compliance Verification
- Using a risk-based approach; further develop, enhance, and facilitate a Store Audit program to evaluate controls and compliance in Kal Tire’s Canadian Store’s Division.
- Responsible and accountable for periodic assessments of IT general controls.
- Lead and/or direct compliance testing in accordance with plans.
- Lead, plan, and coordinate the inventory count verification program for the Canadian Store’s Division.
Internal Audit Projects
- Using a risk-based approach; identify, plan, and facilitate the completion of internal audit projects.
- Includes developing audit programs tailored to the specific risks of the area being audited and planning, staffing, and coordinating the performance of the audit, and delivery of the final audit report with findings, and recommendations.
International Internal Audit Program
- Work with Mining Tire Group (MTG) to identify risk-based audit program for international business.
- Develop, establish, and lead an international audit program utilizing regional resources as required.
Enterprise Risk Management
- Assist in the identification and reporting of enterprise wide risks
- Assist in the development of enterprise wide risk register and monitoring of key risks and relevant risk treatments and risk mitigation.
- Assist in enhancing the communication, understanding, and evolution of the enterprise risk management program across the company.
- Eight to Ten year’s management, financial and IT audit experience in medium to large sized enterprises.
- Three or more years’ experience leading an internal audit or compliance function at a medium to large sized enterprise.
- Enterprise risk management experience is considered an asset.
- Experience leading and developing a team of audit/compliance professionals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent knowledge of hardware, information systems, network and automation activities, data mining software, security and controls.
- Good knowledge of business objectives and processes of various operating divisions and support departments such as information services, human resources, equipment centre, health & safety, credit, etc.
- A demonstrated ability to apply creative and constructive thinking to proposed recommendations for improvements to internal controls, procedures, and policies.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential issues using developed discretion and judgment, while maintaining independence and objectivity.
- Ability to work alone and to plan and execute projects and to complete work within deadlines.
- Ability to lead and continue career development and progression of a small team.
- Ability to periodically travel both domestically and internationally will be required.
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting.
- Certified Professional Accounting (CPA) Designation, or an equivalent designation such as CA, CGA or CMA.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation is considered an asset.
- Training or certification in Enterprise Risk Management is considered an asset.