Commercial Tire Technician
Commercial Tire Technician – Hope, BC
Kal Tire is recruiting for a Commercial Tire Technician with a focus on providing top service to our customers by performing front shop service, off-site fleet service and roadside assistance. As the ideal candidate, you have a strong desire to be in the automotive industry, have a passion for people and understand the true value of good customer service. Reporting to the Store Manager, you will be willing to drive a Kal Tire road service vehicle that is outfitted with tools and supplies.
We will provide a thorough training program that includes hands-on experience, product and safety training, and opportunities for advancement.
· Troubleshoot, repair and perform service work on a wide variety of commercial tires and wheels including removing wheel assemblies, dismounting tires, balancing, inflating and installation, reinstallations and diagnostics.
· Respond to highway and after-hour night calls on a rotational basis.
· Provide exceptional customer service and exceed every customers' expectations.
· When not out on road calls, assist with designated in-shop service as directed by Store Manager.
· Contribute to a safe and environmentally responsible workplace by following all safety standards and environmental policies while ensuring work is done on time
Required Skills and Experience
· 1+ year of road service or tire technician experience is considered an asset but not required.
· Mechanical aptitude and ability to problem solve on the spot.
· Methodical and patient approach with strong attention to detail.
· Team player who is able to work unsupervised.
· Ability to excel in a physically demanding environment and comfortable lifting 50lbs at shoulder height.
· Safety mindset, willing to wear all required PPE, and follow all safety procedures.
Education and Special Requirements
· A high school diploma is a minimum requirement.
· Automotive pre-employment program or high school shop experience is considered an asset.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Must be comfortable driving and working at night.
Kal Tire offers a competitive wage, benefits, and RRSP matching program. An accelerated training program will be provided.