Service Desk Analyst
Kal Tire is Canada’s largest independent tire dealer and one of North America’s largest commercial tire dealers with over 250 Kal Tire retail and commercial stores in Canada, warehouse facilities and 10 retread manufacturing plants. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is a global leader in mining tire service and supply, operating on more than 150 mine sites across 18 countries and five continents. The company employs more than 6,500 team members globally.
Kal Tire’s Information Services (IS) Service Delivery Team is a collaborative group of dedicated technology professionals with a desire to add-value and provide intuitive and productive solutions for all of our team members. To continue to effectively delivery internal team member support, we are seeking a Service Desk Analyst to join our growing team!
The Service Desk Analyst is responsible for providing an easy to reach single point of contact for IS-related issues, requests and queries, assigning resolution order and priority, and ensuring quick resolution. The Service Desk Analyst also ensures Kal Tire is kept informed of major issues and systems outages that may be occurring.
- Build rapport and trust with customer.
- Advocate for team members and keep them informed of status and resolution of their issues.
- First point of contact and respond to team member’s break/fix, service and access requests in a timely manner.
- Logs all support requests (received by phone, e-mail, etc.) in the ticketing application.
- Prioritize service requests and incidents by assessing urgency and impact.
- Documents detailed summary and description for every request or problem reported to the Service Desk, log all troubleshooting steps attempted, document detailed resolution on every ticket before closure.
- Working knowledge of, and experience with authoring support documentation typically associated with IS Service Desks.
- Strong desktop hardware knowledge and troubleshooting skills (e.g. desktop computers, laptops, network adapters, scanners, printers, plotters, monitors).
- Experience installing, repairing and configuring new desktop hardware and software.
- Experience using remote troubleshooting and remote control software tools.
- Experience with diagnostic software to utilize structured troubleshooting techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent knowledge of all Microsoft operating systems.
- Working knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory.
- Working knowledge of Citrix and UNIX would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN and telecommunications infrastructure.
- Seek opportunities to automate or streamline support activities where appropriate.
- Act in a pro-active manner relating to work activities, processes or situations.
- Manage downtime in a proper manner ensuring time is spent productively and efficiently.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in an IT environment with PC software, hardware and network troubleshooting.
- Experience working in a team environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience with an ITSM management tool.
- Superior communication skills including verbal and active listening.
- Ability to identify and manage changing priorities.
- Strong time management skills.
- Passion to strive for customer service excellence.
- Good troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
- Advanced knowledge of industry standard Service Desk practices, processes and procedures considered an asset.
- ITIL v3 foundations also considered an asset.
- Post-Secondary education or related equivalent experience.
- Ability to work shifts beginning at 5:00 am or ending at 6:00 pm as part of regular rotation.
- Ability to work a mix of 8 and 10 hour shifts.
- Ability to participate in after hours on call emergency support as part of a rotating schedule.
- Evening and regular weekend work.
- Occasional travel may be required.