Outside Commercial Sales Representative
Commercial Sales Representative
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Commercial Sales Representative is responsible for both new account acquisition, as well as the continued growth in established accounts. The Commercial Sales Representative will develop strong mutually beneficial relationships with customers through solution based selling methods and coordinating exceptional customer service.
• Works with Regional Sales Manager (RSM) and store operations to identify, prioritize and develop prospects in designated region to increase sales and gross profit.
• Uses any organizational marketing data and any leads provided by CAM’s/RSM’s to develop new business.
• Assist in the development of the regional sales targets, specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for assigned accounts/new business (based on historical data, market trends and competitive activity).
• Maintain accurate records through sales management software (CRM) utilization.
• Utilize the Kal Tire sales process and current sales tools.
• Perform professional presentations or demonstrations of company products/services.
• Build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for revenue growth.
• Make front-line assessment of market conditions and advise operations and Regional Sales Manager.
• Works with RSM to develop effective Call Plan and develop Account Plans with associated Sales Goals, Sales Targets and Sales Tools.
• Use marketing data using applicable sales management software tools to maximize sales efficiency and effectiveness.
• Forecasts and maintains annual, quarterly and monthly sales for the region.
• Attends and fully participates in all sales meetings.
• Assists in the planning and attends all regional promotions and trade shows.
• Works collaboratively with Corporate Account Managers to deliver sub-account product and service requirements (to extend service offering).
Health, Safety & Environment
• Supports all aspects of Kal Tire’s Journey to Zero.
• Conducts On-Site Safety Inspections.
• ‘Speak up’ in a consistent manner throughout the region regarding safety – recognizing good behavior and acting on unsafe behavior when it is noticed.
• Support safety and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities and recommend changes when required.
• Lead by example regarding safety and CSR practices.
• 3-5 years account management or sales management experience in related industry.
• Experience in the tire industry considered an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Experience with business analysis, and customer reporting.
• Proven track record with territory management and customer analysis.
• Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas.
• Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-visit planning, account development, and time and territory management.
• Proven ability to identify needs, handle rejections and customer conversion.
• Experience with customer relationship management software.
• University or college diploma or degree in business, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
• Flexible to travel as required.
• Valid driver’s license.