Program Manager - Tire Lodge
Kal’s Tire Lodge provides storage solutions to customers to alleviate the difficulty of transporting and storing tires. Kal’s Tire Lodge has been experiencing consistent growth which has created a need to expand the support of the program and develop supply chain solutions to support our stores.
The Tire Lodge Program Manager will manage all aspects of Kal’s Tire Lodge program and provide support and oversight to stores, warehouses and 3rd party service providers.
- Manage the entire Tire Lodge program; be accountable for attaining organizational objectives and achieving financial metrics.
- Ensure Tire Lodge program is aligned with organizational strategic objectives
- Coordinate with internal and external resources involved in the support and / or delivery of the Tire Lodge program.
- Provide leadership and support to Regional Director’s, Zone Managers and Store Managers to implement Tire Lodge processes and best practices.
- Conduct profit and loss reporting for the company's Tire Lodge program; drive cost efficiencies.
- Research best business practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data and drive the implementation of best practices within Kal Tire operations.
- In collaboration with Store operations, facilitate the design and implementation of improved business models, processes and enabling technology for Tire Lodge.
- Create systems and processes to optimize enterprise resources and drive improvements across geographically diverse regions.
- Work closely with stores to determine the best processes for handling the Tire Lodge product and provide training on process and systems.
- Manage third party storage providers and drive accountability and improvements of service levels.
- Work closely with the warehouse and distribution division to determine the best methods of storage and transportation that will ensure consistency and high levels of efficiency.
- Provide Tire Lodge
- Analyze store, warehouse and 3rd party provider volumes and capacities for storing Tire Lodge product and track seasonally.
- Perform quarterly reports on aging Tire Lodge product and make recommendations to the stores and warehouses for billing.
- Audit store processes to ensure consistency and implementation of prescribed procedures
- Manage third party vendors (e.g. Warehousing & Logistics companies) and drive accountability and improvements of service levels.
- Work with Regional Director’s and Zone Managers to determine potential storage and transport solutions for off-site storage.
- Build out and manage a network of 3rd party logistics providers providing localized tire storage and delivery services.
- Negotiate contracts with Third Party storage and transport solution providers and oversee contract adherence and renewals.
- Negotiate contracts with storage container providers and oversee contract renewals.
- Assist stores in the purchase and delivery of shipping containers and storage racking.
- Achieves strategic initiatives and operational project outcomes, on time and within budget
- Achieves Tire Lodge financial targets including driving an increase in Lodge sales and Gross Profit.
- Creates and maintains strong relationships with field service stakeholders and vendors.
- Achieves measurable improvement in Tire Lodge process compliance.
- Maximize the efficiency of Tire Lodge storage capacity in Kal Tire stores and implement effective off-site solutions
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience working in warehousing, logistics, retail or manufacturing environment.
- Direct experience developing, designing and implementing process improvement strategies with measurable results.
- In-depth understanding of operations and the delivery of logistics services.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive experience leading, designing and implementing ongoing business process improvements.
- Effective project and program management skills which include developing project plans and achieving key milestones, despite competing demands.
- Ability to influence business leaders across the organization without direct authority.
- Strong knowledge of logistics processes and experience in managing third-party logistics service providers.
- Understanding of financial reports including budgetary guidelines and project expenditures.
- Ability to effectively communicate with various stakeholders.
- Ability to train others in the use and implementation of the Tire Lodge processes and tools.
- Strong ability to prioritize and adapt to changing demands from clients/ business.
- Ability to multi-task, handle multiple projects and work independently and effectively in a fast-paced business environment.
- Able to develop and maintain effective, positive internal/external working relationships with a diverse groups of individuals throughout the organization; a team player.
- High-level proficiency in Excel and or database applications.
- Ability to translate data into operational insights.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain or Operations Management or equivalent knowledge gained through industry experience.
- This role will require extensive travel throughout Kal Tire’s Canadian locations.