Inside Sales Manager
INSIDE SALES MANAGER
The Inside Sales Manager (“ISM”) is responsible for training, coaching and mentoring the Inside Sales Account Managers (“ISAMs”) and Inside Sale Representatives (“ISRs”) to ensure team members are achieving their objectives; overcoming obstacles, winning new business and maximizing sales and profits within existing accounts.
The ISM develops and identifies objectives and strategies within corporate action plans to improve short and long term sales. This includes ensuring consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through planning, deployment and management of the Inside sales team members and promoting the full spectrum of Kal Tire’s product and service offerings. They also ensure that Kal Tire team members involved in the account understand the customer’s needs, and are living up to customer commitments; delivering ongoing value.
Sales Strategy & Planning
- Contribute to annual, quarterly and monthly activity planning for the ISAM and ISR
- Reviews the corporate business plan and sales projections on a quarterly base and establishes team goals and objectives
- Complete tasks, budgets, milestones and sales targets that are outlined in their individual business plan and the annual planning process
- Contribute to Regional and Zone Meetings by sharing information related to market trends, key account and supplier activities.
- Conducts business plan reviews as required for various stakeholders in the organization
- Communicate with senior management about issues like market penetration, economic opportunities and market threats
- Work collaboratively with Marketing, IT, Accounts Receivable to achieve results
- Prepare and report monthly to Senior Vice President Sales, and team members as required
Sales Team Leadership
- Provide coaching and mentoring to the ISRs which includes supporting them during the planning process; tracking progress against goals; coaching and mentoring to achieve results.
- Assists sales team member in developing sales plans for each account
- Ensure team members are following the proper processes and steps to achieve their goals. Identifies opportunities for improving efficiencies and optimizing results for the team as a whole.
- Develop ISR strengths, finding opportunities to optimize their contributions
- Train new ISRs on processes, reporting, product knowledge and service standards
- Ensure that ISRs are aware of Kal Tire’s vision, organizational goals, and changing priorities to integrate this knowledge into their account strategies.
- Forecasts and maintain annual, quarterly and monthly sales for the accounts.
- Works collaboratively with Corporate Account Managers (“CAMs”), Regional Sales Managers (“RSMs”) and sales team members on business related to Key Accounts.
- Analyze the effectiveness of sales programs; recommend and implement changes based on findings.
- Responsible for the planning and recruitment of new inside salespeople in each role
- Performs quarterly/annual performance reviews. Based on this, develops a personal development plan for each sales team member.
- Conducts joint calls to assess the performance of salespeople on a regular basis using the Kal Tire Coaching Guide and Inside Sales best practices.
- Educates sales team by establishing programs/seminars in the areas of products (OTR, retreading, truck, industrial, etc.).
- Coaches CRM on all related sales processes and sales tools.
Sales Account Management
- Manage Kal Tire’s relationships with commercial customers to ensure profitable growth, exceptional service and competitive differentiation
- Exploit business opportunities utilizing all products and services to maximize market penetration.
- Monitor competitor sales activities within accounts and develop marketing strategies to maximize sales and minimize threats
- Stay on top of client’s growth plans and market trends; to ensure Kal Tire is responding to changing needs and market conditions.
- Manage the conversion of sales account in the sales system to ensure the right sales service matches the customer need.
- Develop and maintains positive working relationships with Store Managers, Retread Managers, Salespeople, Business Development Managers, Zone Managers and Senior Zone Managers to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Participate in making joint sales calls when required.
- Communicates with sales administration team, stores, and other team members on all customer and program information requirements.
- 5-8 years’ experience working at Kal Tire in a commercial sales role, or at least 5 years account management or sales management in related industry.
- 5+ years of people management experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven track record with inside sales management and customer analysis
- Demonstrated ability in sales management and coaching
- Experience with business analysis, and customer reporting
- Proven record / knowledge of consultative selling process.
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers
- Ability to create and edit sales materials and presentations
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent combination or education and experience
- Conversant in a second language
- Valid driver’s license