Human Resources Advisor (Term July 31, 2020)
The Human Resources Advisor plays a key role in guiding and actively contributing to the success of HR business initiatives for all Kal Tire Divisions. Working within consultative and collaborative relationships with the management teams the HR Advisor is focused upon HR business processes and outcomes that are tied to business results. Acting as first-line HR support for management and non-management team members, the HR Advisor is ideally positioned to identify issues and opportunities for immediate or future HR planning and action. Responsibilities include oversight and ongoing involvement with HR programs and initiatives across the spectrum of labour and team member relations, performance management and program coordination.
Labour/Team Member Relations
- Advise and assist management on interpretation and administration of Kal Tire guidelines, policies, and programs.
- Establish open, collaborative, and sustainable working relationships with management team.
- Coach and advise team members and management on a wide variety of team member relations issues.
- Provide resolutions to team member relation issues (e.g. Ministry complaints and harassment allegations).
- Assist with conducting investigations regarding corrective action, work performance, attendance management and harassment.
- As required, coordinate, inform, and support the Collective Bargaining process.
- Research Human Resources best practices and update the business on provincial and human rights legislative changes.
- Provide input and support to the Manager, HR in the general operations of the Human Resources department.
- Assist managers in addressing performance issues and identifying team member development requirements. Provide support to supervisors and managers in performance management processes and with formulating development plans with team members.
- Provide training for management on how to interpret, communicate, and administer Kal Tire programs.
- As appropriate, undertake training or presentation of materials and information on HR business initiatives and practices.
- Keeps records of changes to policies/procedures and annually updates the Kal Tire handbooks.
- First point of contact for Employee Assistance Program in regards to team member’s requests, emergency situations, runs promotion campaigns and distributes materials.
- Ensure effective exit interviews and provide management with analysis and recommendations.
- Administer and record team member recognition and incentive programs.
- Recommend new policies and procedures to effect company improvements and organizational efficiencies.
- Assists in the development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures.
- A minimum of three years of human resources generalist/advisor experience preferably in a fast paced, large company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to form sustainable and productive working relationships with management and non-management team members.
- Relevant experience with performance management and development planning.
- Knowledge and understanding of recruitment and selection methodologies and practices.
- Knowledge of multiple Provincial Labour Legislations, Employment Law and Human Rights Legislation.
- Experience with development and implementation of HR policies and procedures.
- Ability to meet deadlines and accommodate competing demands.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information with integrity and discretion.
- Knowledge of current best practices in Human Resources administration, salary trends, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business specializing in Human Resources, or equivalent experience.
- Working towards CHRP designation.
- Travel required.
KAL TIRE AIMS
Must be consistently able to demonstrate the Kal Tire AIMS:
- Earn trust of customers by providing them with quality and value of service and products.
- Work productively, efficiently, and contribute.
- Work towards expansion of the company and maintain competitiveness in the industry.
- Honesty and Integrity.
HOW TO APPLY
Start your journey at Kal Tire by contacting our Vernon Office Recruitment Team or by clicking Apply below!