Kal Tire is Canada’s largest independent tire dealer and one of North America’s largest commercial tire dealers with over 250 Kal Tire retail and commercial stores in Canada, warehouse facilities and 10 retread manufacturing plants. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is a global leader in mining tire service and supply, servicing over 150 mine sites across 18 countries.
The company employs more than 6,500 team members globally. Listen to what some of our team members have to say about why they love apprenticing with us! https://youtu.be/1XA3evYx1K4
The Opportunity - Kamloops, BC
As the ideal candidate, you have a strong background in general vehicle maintenance; enjoy working with a high energy team in a retail environment.
Required Skills and Experience
- You hold a Level 2, 3, 4 or Red Seal Automotive Service Technician provincially recognized ticket and have experience in front end brakes, shocks and wheel alignments.
- You have the ability to excel in a physically demanding environment that includes heavy lifting and moving constantly throughout your shift.
- You can confidently inspect, diagnose, adjust, service and repair a wide variety of vehicles.
- Assist in identifying potential mechanical sales with team members.
- You have a strong passion for people and understand the true value of good customer service.
- You are methodical and patient in your approach; you have a keen eye for detail.
- You are comfortable working 5 days/week and Saturdays if required
- Safety is paramount – you contribute and adhere to a safe and environmentally responsible workplace.
- Supply and maintain personal tools.
- Competitive wages, health benefits, and RRSP matching programs while gaining fundamental business knowledge.
- Working along-side an experienced red seal Automotive Service Technician.
- Tuition reimbursements to continue your education towards red seal certification.
- Working with a Well-Established Company – Kal Tire has been in business since 1953 and currently has over 250 store locations across Canada. Continued expansion plans lead to career advancement opportunities.
- Profit Sharing – Significant additional income can be obtained through our highly competitive profit sharing program that recognizes individual and team contributions.
- Technology – We grant everyone access to the newest tools and technology in both the automotive and business sectors, allowing all of our team members to gain the newest skills in today’s market.
Start Your Journey With Us!