The Dispatcher serves as the first point of contact for customers requesting emergency roadside service outside of regular business hours. This emergency roadside service role is responsible for processing inbound and outbound customer communications with a prompt and professional approach, taking appropriate action to ensure that the correct service technician has been dispatched and that the necessary information has been shared in an accurate and timely manner. This role is also responsible for creating work orders in the Kal Tire POS system and locating the appropriate stock using the information collected from the customer during the initial dispatch communication.
- Manage inbound and outbound customer communications while following various service scripts to ensure the accurate collection of pertinent information.
- Identify customer needs, address inquiries and problem-solve during stressful situations.
- Decisively resolve issues and take appropriate action with little supervision, escalating to the necessary parties when a solution cannot be determined.
- Ensure that customers are being provided with their preferred products and services which are outlined in their Fleet Guides and Billing Instructions. This includes staying up-to-date on company provided product and service knowledge.
- Monitor service calls and provide timely assistance as required.
- Build on existing customer relationships and identify new business leads through a personalized customer experience, effective communication and prompt follow-up.
- Process credit card pre-authorizations for cash customers through Moneris and complete transactions as required upon completion of service delivery in adherence to PCI compliance standards.
Scheduling & Dispatch
- Qualify customer needs in order to determine urgency and provide realistic ETA’s to customers based on the level of current service demands
- Schedule and dispatch Field Service Technicians to appropriate locations according to customer requests, specifications or needs.
- Create work orders in the Kal Tire POS system that accurately reflect the services and products requested by the customer, referencing customer Fleet Guides and Billing Instructions as required.
- Provide vital information about work orders pertaining to service requirements and relay any customer indicated hazards to the Field Service Technicians.
- Monitor Field Service Technician locations, productivity and service call status using the Kal Tire applications to accurately coordinate service; escalate to handle exceptions as necessary.
- Meet or exceed the Service Center SLA’s, some of which are customer specific.
- Determine if product is required and locate local inventory to determine if a product pick-up should be coordinated before dispatching the Field Service Technician.
- Schedule service for the customer to be completed by store locations during business hours should the required product not be available during an afterhours service call.
- For urban markets, determine the correct Field Service Technician to assign based on home store stock availability and dispatch accordingly.
- Minimum 1 year customer service experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Customer service driven
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Professional phone etiquette
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Accurate typing skills (minimum 60 wpm)
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Experience with POS (Point of Sale) systems
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent.
KAL TIRE AIMS
Must be consistently able to demonstrate the Kal Tire AIMS.