Payroll & Benefits Administrator
PAYROLL AND BENEFITS ADMINISTRATOR
The Payroll & Benefits Administrator is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of Payroll and Benefits following Employment Standards and Kal Tire policy. Providing First-Class Customer Service to Kal Tire Locations, External and Internal Customers.
- In a 2 weeks period, process 1 bi-weekly Payroll and 4 off-cycles, which includes:
- Compute and deduct statutory deductions such as Income Tax, EI and CPP
- Enter Bonus and Commission payments
- Set up additional pays and deductions
- Process retroactive payments, earnings and deductions
- Process ROE’s
- Process Vacation pay outs
- Provide Payroll for Kal Tire Associate locations
- Process job changes and transfers
- Process garnishments
- Follow Union Contracts and process union dues, initiation fees and housing allowance
- Reprocess stale-dated cheques
- Provide reporting to Kal Tire locations, internal departments and external organizations such as CRA, Service Canada
- Perform routine Benefit and Payroll audits
- Monitor probationary benefit periods and enroll, update and terminate team member benefits on Canada Life and PeopleSoft as appropriate
- Create and maintain team member files - follow up with locations regarding required paperwork
- Process various payments such as: profit share bonuses, RRSP contributions, recruitment bonuses and refunds as required
- Additional specialty portfolio support (e.g. Benefits)
- 4-6 years’ payroll and benefits experience in a medium to large organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High level of attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; intermediate user level with Excel.
- Experience with full feature Payroll software (PeopleSoft an advantage).
- Grade 12 or equivalent (e.g. GED)
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification
- Overtime may be required for accounting deadlines
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in a related field
- Ad hoc overtime to support busy periods and special projects