Automotive Apprentice Technician- 2nd- 4th year
Automotive Apprentice Technician
As the ideal candidate, you have a strong background in general vehicle maintenance; enjoy working with a high energy team in a retail environment.
Our company is the largest independently owned tire dealer in Canada. Our 250 locations offer clean and safe work environments encouraging a motivating and fun atmosphere. We are looking for relentless problem solvers who not only have strong technical skills, but who are also good communicators and thrive in the service industry.
If you meet these requirements, we want to hear from you!
· Attend and complete each level of apprenticeship training scheduled.
· You have the ability to excel in a physically demanding environment that includes heavy lifting and moving constantly throughout your shift.
· Attain a provincially recognized trade’s ticket.
· Focus on front end, brakes, shocks, wheel alignment and vehicle maintenance.
· Inspect, diagnose, adjust, service, repair, a wide variety of vehicles.
· Assist in identifying potential mechanical sales with team members.
· Promote a team spirit.
· Interested applicants should be motivated, have strong interpersonal skills, and want to provide excellent customer service.
· Contributes to a safe and environmentally responsible workplace.
· Purchase and maintain a personal set of tools consistent with apprentice’s level of skill (tool assistance may be available).
· Competitive wages, with benefits, while gaining fundamental business knowledge.
· Working with a Well-Established Company – Kal Tire has been in business since 1953 and currently has over 250 store locations across Canada. Continued expansion plans lead to career advancement opportunities.
· Profit Sharing – Significant additional income can be obtained through our highly competitive profit sharing program that recognizes individual and team contributions.
· Technology – We grant everyone access to the newest tools and technology in both the automotive and business sectors, allowing all of our team members to gain the newest skills in today’s market.