Senior Business Analyst
Kal Tire is Canada’s largest independent tire dealer and one of North America’s largest commercial tire dealers with over 250 Kal Tire retail and commercial stores in Canada, warehouse facilities and 10 retread manufacturing plants. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is a global leader in mining tire service and supply, operating on more than 150 mine sites across 18 countries and five continents. The company employs more than 9,000 team members globally.
Reporting to the Director, Solution Delivery, the Senior Business Analyst is focused on the definition and delivery of business and technology based solutions. This position requires a combination of strong business, in-depth problem solving, broad solution delivery and excellent communication skills. The Senior Business Analyst works closely with project sponsors, business users, project managers and Information Services to identify and capture the business need, define requirements, plan the transition to a future state, and oversees the activities required to ensure that the solution meets the business need.
- Performs research and analysis for potential solutions to complex business problems.
- Leads and performs business requirements gathering, analysis and verification.
- Works effectively at all levels in the organization.
- Provides leadership and direction regarding analytical methods, processes and tools.
- Facilitates diverse stakeholder group workshops and interviews in the gathering of complex business and system requirements.
- Leads the design or restructuring of business processes.
- Conducts system analysis and design.
- Participate in and may lead the request for proposal and vendor evaluation process.
- Assists in planning and executing the transition from current state to a future state.
- Takes a leadership role in understanding the impact of change.
- Participates in the creation of change management deliverables such as communication plans, sponsor roadmap, training plans and resistance management plans.
- Guides and supports Senior leaders and Sponsors in change practices.
- Defines, leads and executes on test strategies, test plans and test cases.
- Leads the acceptance and deployment of business and system solutions.
- 6 or more years’ experience conducting business analysis for medium to large enterprises with complex technology environments.
- 2 or more years’ experience leading analysts and/or small teams performing analysis related duties
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to advocate, propose, negotiate, document and present approaches and solutions.
- Mastered communication skills at all levels of the organization; business user, tester/developer, project manager, senior management.
- Knowledge of emerging industry practices.
- Experience with a variety of techniques for gathering and documenting requirements such as, process maps, use cases, system flow diagrams, entity relationship diagrams.
- Experience with some of the following business functions: Accounting, Inventory Management Supply Chain, Product Life Cycle Management and Store Systems/Point of Sale.
- Post-secondary degree in computer science or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Occasional travel.
- Evening and occasional weekend work required.
- Must have own transportation and a valid BC driver’s license.
KAL TIRE AIMS
- Must be consistently able to demonstrate the Kal Tire AIMS.