Payroll & Benefits Administrator
The Payroll & Benefits Administrator is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of Payroll and Benefits following Employment Standards and Kal Tire policy providing First Class Customer Service to Kal Tire Locations, External and Internal Customers.
- In a 2 weeks period, process 1 bi-weekly Payroll and 4 off-cycles, which includes:
- Compute and deduct statutory deductions such as Income Tax, EI and CPP.
- Enter Bonus and Commission payments.
- Set up additional pays and deductions.
- Process retroactive payments, earnings and deductions.
- Process ROE’s.
- Process Vacation pay outs.
- Provide Payroll for Kal Tire Associate locations.
- Process job changes and transfers.
- Process garnishments.
- Follow Union Contracts and process union dues, initiation fees and housing allowance.
- Reprocess stale dated cheques.
- Provide reporting to Kal Tire locations, internal departments and external organizations such as CRA, Service Canada.
- Perform routine Benefit and Payroll audits.
- Monitor probationary benefit periods and enroll, update and terminate team member benefits on MSP, PBC and PeopleSoft as appropriate.
- Process Recruitment Bounties.
- Create and maintain team member files - follow up with locations regarding required paperwork.
- Process profit share bonuses, RRSP contributions and refunds as required.
- Minimum 4 years’ payroll and benefits experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High level of attention to detail.
- A good working knowledge of Excel.
- Experience with full feature Payroll software (PeopleSoft an advantage).
- Proficient (written and verbal), with both the English & French languages.
- PCP certification or willingness to obtain.
This position is based out of our Vernon office with a possibility to work remotely.