Senior Design Engineer
FOUR things to know about the KALEIDOSCOPE Senior Design Engineers:
1. We produce products from wearable technology to surgical instruments and man-machine interfaces. Our engineers at all levels remain directly hands on in the engineering process.
2. We value one another- our Engineering Team is young and not as young, we are interns and people holding master’s degrees, passionate inventors, brewery lovers, soccer parents and weekend entrepreneurs.
3. We take our careers seriously and have steady paths for advancement. We lead projects, mentor others, and embrace advanced training and individualized goals.
4. We believe cookouts aren’t only for summer days, work-life balance matters and Fridays should be wrapped up by noon.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Generates inventive, fresh ideas expressed through sketching that meets functional requirements
• Develops design concepts for products, parts and assemblies
• Creates detailed CAD models of parts and assemblies
• Develops product documentation that supports high quality production
• Employs DFM, DFA and DFQ
• Uses advanced engineering modeling and simulation tools, instrumentation and measurement and design of experiments
• Participates in management of scope, schedule and cost
• Participates in usability tests in order to discover design requirements and validate design concepts
• Participates in observational research as needed to uncover unmet needs
This description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.
• Bachelor of Science (or higher) in Engineering or related field
•3-6 years of professional experience in engineering and (prefer medical) product development.
• Displays intermediate knowledge of SolidWorks 3D CAD