Research Associate, Sr. RA Chemistry
Kaleido Biosciences is a clinical-stage healthcare company with a differentiated, chemistry-driven approach to leveraging the potential of the microbiome organ to treat disease and improve human health. The Company’s Microbiome Metabolic Therapies (MMT™) are designed to modulate the metabolic output and profile of the microbiome by driving the function and distribution of the organ’s existing microbes. Kaleido is advancing a broad pipeline of MMT candidates to address a variety of diseases and conditions with significant unmet patient needs. The Company’s human-centric discovery and development offers the potential to be faster and more cost-efficient than traditional drug development. We also have an exceptional team that is committed to scientific innovation, transforming lives and building a strong culture.
We are seeking a passionate and talented associate to join the Discovery Chemistry team at Kaleido Biosciences. You will play a key role in the company’s efforts to build a high throughput platform to allow application of drug discovery principles to the study of the microbiome. This individual will join a dynamic, highly collaborative team that combines significant drug discovery experience with leading edge knowledge of microbiome biology and computational approaches.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- B.S. or M.S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Polymer Science, or related field.
- 2-5 years of biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Experience with synthetic chemistry techniques, ideally those associated with carbohydrate synthesis.
- Experience with analytical and purification methods such as HPLC, size exclusion chromatography, mass spectrometry, and NMR spectroscopy.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team.
Kaleido Biosciences is an EEO employer committed to an exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment.