Designer J. Walter Thompson Atlanta
Wunderman Thompson, the world's best-known marketing communications brand, has been reimagining the future for businesses for over 154 years. Headquartered in New York City, Wunderman Thompson is a true global network with more than 200 offices in over 90 countries, employing nearly 10,000 innovators and change agents. Known for our award-winning work and leading initiatives, Wunderman Thompson was the very first agency to air a TV commercial, the first to establish a global advertising presence, the first to rocket a candy bar into space, the first in the industry to hire a female copywriter, the first to create an amphibious prosthetic limb, and the very first to teach a computer to paint like Rembrandt. While we reimagine the future for our clients, we will continue to break new ground and revolutionize the power of our legacy through the campaigns that we create.
Wunderman Thompson Atlanta is is looking for Designer who sees possibilities in everything they touch. We are looking to make what’s next and hoping you are looking for the same. We’re looking for problem solvers, innovators, craftsman, team players, and all around cool people. You’ll be working on large and innovative brand and digital projects. Our designers are versatile and multi-faceted. An understanding of digital technologies and grasp of the tools is expected of all designers.
You will be responsible for brainstorming creative concepts with the project team, developing original concepts, executing designs based on established style guides, participating in visual design presentations to clients, and developing design specs for production.
The Designer’s job is to solve business problems through design for clients and to help Junior Designers do the same. You should be able to handle the day-to-day interactions with existing projects without needing monitoring. You must have excellent communication skills and be a great team player.
- Inspire and collaborate with your co-workers to produce inventive, thoughtful, relevant work for clients
- Work closely with your team to execute on the creative strategy for projects
- Participate in all aspects of your team’s projects, focusing on innovation and quality
- Collaborate with visual designers and engineers to conceive and prototype interaction models, information architectures, and user interfaces
- Expertly craft documentation to represent the user experience, including: product requirements documents, functional specifications, flow diagrams, schematics, and prototypes
- Understand and work within project parameters: client goals and requirements, internal goals, usability, technical constraints, as well as budget and schedule
- Work with User Experience Designers to implement interaction design guidelines
- Experiment with new tools and techniques to improve our work
- Cultivate an understanding of industry trends and share your insights with the studio
Skills and Requirements:
- Present a portfolio that represents a diversity of projects as well as a clear design perspective
- Experience working on small to medium-sized teams
- An ability to be communicative, flexible and precise under tight deadlines
- Proficiency with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail
- Works well under pressure
- Works well with senior designers and directors
- Excellent attitude and desire to learn
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.