Client Finance Coordinator - Freelance Mirum Shopper Chicago
Client Finance Coordinator
The Client Finance Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to perform all aspects of Client related financial management. The Client Finance Coordinator will support the Client Business Teams (CBT’s) as well as the Finance Department on Client related financial matters. The successful candidate will have prior experience in this role within an Advertising Agency, be confident, self- motivated, assertive, energetic and passionate about their work. A demonstrated ability to multi-task, pay close attention to detail and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment is a must!
Job Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Secure client P.O. or necessary work/payment authorizations and ensure adherence to contract billing workflow procedures, as well as monitor accounts receivable status and follow-up on aged balances with client teams
- Issuing client invoices
- Provide financial support to client account teams and monitor client budgets on a project basis
- Provide financial information to various departments as required
- Provide client financial AR/AP analysis and reconciliation
- Participate in financial reconciliation meetings with Finance and Client Business Leads (WIP, Out of Pocket, Project Profitability)
- Interface with Finance team on client revenue during monthly close
- Constantly review Agency’s client finance process and client requirements and make recommendations for improvement and participate in Sarbanes Oxley initiatives
- Manage Project Jacket accuracy in financial system, identify and resolve any discrepancies
- Manage vendor/client set-up in financial system
- Generate professional financial reports for review
- Interface with other departments and SAS with regards to client related accounting queries
- Assist with other ad hoc projects as needed with the Client Finance and Project management teams
Job Requirements include:
- 1-2 years of related financial analysis and/or accounting experience, preferably within an advertising, PR or service industry environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Experience with Oracle accounting software preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in within a team and independently
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and maintain excellent organizational skills
- Excellent experience with MS Office, especially Excel. Creating and using complicated spreadsheets are part of everyday work, so the ideal candidate should be very computer adept and a fast learner of new applications.
- Demonstrated flexibility in job responsibilities
What is Mirum Shopper?
We create experiences that shoppers want, and brands and retailers need. We represent the next generation of shopper marketing solutions for engaging the digitally savvy consumer. Mirum Shopper is part of the Mirum Agency’s new commerce activation platform, designed to change the way brands engage with consumers and shoppers. The platform combines tech, analytics, data, campaign planning, and creative services with social shopper, shopper engagement services, and the creation of original content – from branded videos to events, mobile and in-store platforms – to influence shoppers in new ways. And we’re looking for passionate people who want to help us make what’s next.
It is expected that you will perform additional duties and assume additional responsibilities as needed by the Company for the efficient operation of the Company. In addition, in order to adjust to changes in our business, it may become necessary to modify your job description, add to or remove certain duties and responsibilities, or reassign you to an alternate job position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law