Operations Director J. Walter Thompson New York
We are looking for an Operations Director who will support the global client in setting up and implementing the operating structure for an integrated WPP team, including team design and resourcing, scoping, processes and delivery. It’s a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a growing team with business momentum. This newly formed operation will leverage the talent pool across WPP agencies to deliver a connected approach to communications.
Scoping & Resourcing
- Support brand leads on scope definition and negotiation, ensuring optimum application of the new remuneration model and efficient change management. Work closely with the global team to implement best practice and escalate issues.
- Help define, set up and optimize the team structure
- Monitor resource application in line with scope to drive profitability across the projects
Project Management \ Delivery
- Orchestrate the end to end development process across all campaign work for on time, on budget delivery with efficiency and excellence
- Project triage: working in partnership with brand leads and discipline experts, determine the best way of delivery based on the type and complexity of projects
- Put processes in place to ensure the right talent for the right tasks at the right time
- Anticipate and escalate delivery issues
Team Ways of Working & Tools
- Set up and optimize as needed the new ways of working to drive connectivity and integration of the multidisciplinary team.
- Implement the tools supporting the scoping, communication and collaboration process.
What you’ll need:
The ideal candidate will be an excellent collaborator, combining operational expertise with creativity in designing new ways of working, and able to strive in a changing environment.
Previous experience should include:
- 10 -15 years in Project Management \ Operations, including complex FMCG accounts operating across a number of disciplines \ expertise areas.
- Experience in client facing roles and exposure to senior stakeholders.
- Managing scoping and resourcing on ‘non-retainer’ \ output-based remuneration models.