Director of Strategy - CRM J. Walter Thompson New York
We are looking for a nimble, entrepreneurially wired Director of Strategy who will lead CRM initiatives across a portfolio of brands. As a CRM leader you’ll demonstrate an intimate understanding of how consumers interact with channels and technology, with an emphasis on consumer journey and how to most effectively engage with and keep the consumer engaged across the CRM ecosystem. Utilizing a data driven and analytical approach you’ll lead the team from strategy through execution and optimization. As a thought leader in CRM and through your understanding of the clients’ businesses, industry, and issues, you’ll act as the client’s trusted advisor in addition to being a catalyst for CRM innovation. You’re committed to developing personalized experiences, have a deep appreciation for integrated ideas and know how to inspire creative teams.
- Lead strategy based on how consumers are interacting with their devices and other technology to derive unique insights to reveal how the brand can better connect with its consumers.
- Serve as a key client partner, providing strategic guidance, demonstrating in-depth knowledge of their business, and owning the CRM vision than enables execution of strategy.
- Build and leverage deep understanding of the clients’ objectives and consumer need to develop clear experience use cases around opportunities for omni-channel engagement with email at the core.
- Develop and maintain technology solutions and processes that will provide the requisite capabilities to enable a modern execution of the desired consumer experience.
- Empower and inspire the team to provide scale and agility in delivering against the overall CRM portfolio.
- Using insights, research, and past results create a captivating vision for what can be accomplished, measured and optimized.
- Provide strategic guidance to agency and client leadership teams within the CRM landscape including, web, mobile, social, media, content marketing, and measurement.
- Work in collaboration across the agency and client teams to identify opportunities for improved consumer experience. Ensure the marketing capabilities are adopted and optimized against the target consumer journey.
- Own and define the consumers’ omni-channel CRM experience.
- Own and develop a roadmap for the overall portfolio of CRM capabilities demonstrating maximum impact achievable.
- Design, implement and operationalize best practices guidelines for delivering omni-channel solutions.
- Work closely with Account teams to present strategies, ideas, CRM POV’s to senior clients.
- Actively prioritize and manage the CRM portfolio of projects. Understand the impact of each project, available resources, budget and external drivers to appropriately prioritize and resource projects.
- Drive implementation of standard processes and tools to estimate, prioritize and track projects within the portfolio. This includes documenting key risks and mitigation planning in addition to owning the portfolio communications.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- 10+ years of leadership experience in large scale CRM program development across multiple platforms, including the creation and management of associated budgets.
- Experience with MarTech
- A hands-on, “roll up your sleeves,” action-oriented approach and comfort leading and working with a strong, multidisciplinary team.
- Successful track record of helping to build and present strategic CRM concepts/programs, recommendations and tactics for clients and effectively executing programs
- Ability to think independently, creatively and strategically.
- Ability to motivate and positively engage staff and management in ways that build trust and enthusiasm.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
ABOUT WUNDERMAN THOMPSON:
Wunderman Thompson is a creative, data and technology agency. We are built to inspire growth for our clients with breakthrough creativity that helps our clients succeed. We are in a unique position to deliver growth based on three fundamental principles -- we see the world differently and reject conventional thinking, we have an unbounded definition of creativity that can rethink business, culture and brand experiences, we act decisively and accountably, owning delivery end-to-end. Headquartered in New York, we have a truly global reach with over 20,000 people in 90 markets. Wunderman Thompson is a WPP company (NASDAQ: WPPGY). For more information, please visit www.wundermanthompson.com and follow us @WundermanThompson.