Freelance Social Media Supervisor Mirum Shopper Chicago
Job Description: Freelance Social Media - Supervisor
Position Type: Full-Time
Mirum Shopper is a digital shopper marketing agency that turns shoppers into buyers by creating and connecting custom content to drive sales through retail partners. We create experiences that shoppers want and brands and retailers need. We are for those who embrace the transformative power of digital. Our shopper marketing solutions are seen online, in stores and throughout social media.
As Freelance Social Media Supervisor for Mirum Shopper you will provide strategic guidance, channel management & activation of social media and retail influencer campaigns on behalf of key clients. You will support the Director of Social Media, Customer Business Team (CBT) Directors and directly managing a team of Marketing Managers and/or Coordinators. You will be working in a fast-paced, highly creative deadline-driven environment, so we are seeking candidates with attention to detail and a desire to constantly exceed expectations. You must be a self-starter and possess in-depth knowledge of social media platforms, location-based services, online communities, and emerging mobile trends.
- Oversee influencer marketing strategy, planning and execution within assigned CBT, directly supervising a team of Social Managers and Coordinators
- Work closely with Marketing Services, Creative and Interactive departments on identifying key audiences and channels, market-specific value propositions, key messages, and account planning
- Perform industry research and reporting, Develop key KPIs and model for program evaluation
- Manage and update department calendar(s), resourcing and scope planning
- Responsible for campaign budgets, promotions, media and overall successes (based upon clearly defined and adhered-to KPIs)
- Drive media innovation, reaching audiences through mobile, games and other social channels to drive brand affinity
- Provide guidance and approvals on all media plans and briefs, white papers and presentations
- Work with Account Executives and Senior Staff on new business pitches
- Act as expert for all things social media for the agency
- Maintain awareness of social technology & related trends
- Help recruit, train and provide one-to-one, ongoing career counseling and mentorship to Social Media Marketing Managers, Coordinators and Interns
- Budget management and reconciliation to ensure that media partners are compensated accordingly
- Working with the Social Media, Marketing Services and Creative teams to ensure fluid communications
- Manage multiple deadlines and troubleshoot problems in real time, refining processes in real time to ensure they do not occur again in the future
- Provide valuable program recaps to clients, outlining key campaign successes and recommendations
Skills and Requirements:
- 5-7 years of experience in social media, digital media planning and/or marketing
- Proven success in managing social media campaigns for CPG and retail clients
- Expert knowledge of social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube and others
- Deep knowledge and experience using and building social media listening tools & measurement tools to determine appropriate messaging and opportunities for clients
- Ability to develop social media and retail influencer outreach plans for clients that include goals, specific campaign strategies, recommended tools, budgets and timelines
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Polished demeanor with clients, vendors, and publishers
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams (direct management experience a must, matrixed and cross-functionally, a plus)
- Proficient in social media and online tools and professionally engaged in social networks, digital media, online forums and blogging
- Knowledge of digital/social analytics and how to measure success
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively on the telephone, in person, and in writing a must
- Strong organizational skills in order to coordinate many functions in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate company’s Path to Growth core behaviors & values
- Experience in shopper marketing preferred, but not required
Preferred Education & Experience:
Degree in Marketing, Advertising or related major, or minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar position or field.
Interested candidates should e-mail resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no phones calls.
What is Mirum Shopper?
We create experiences that shoppers want, and brands and retailers need. We represent the next generation of shopper marketing solutions for engaging the digitally savvy consumer. Mirum Shopper is part of the Mirum Agency’s new commerce activation platform, designed to change the way brands engage with consumers and shoppers. The platform combines tech, analytics, data, campaign planning, and creative services with social shopper, shopper engagement services, and the creation of original content – from branded videos to events, mobile and in-store platforms – to influence shoppers in new ways. And we’re looking for passionate people who want to help us make what’s next.
It is expected that you will perform additional duties and assume additional responsibilities as needed by the Company for the efficient operation of the Company. In addition, in order to adjust to changes in our business, it may become necessary to modify your job description, add to or remove certain duties and responsibilities, or reassign you to an alternate job position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.