Senior UX Designer Mirum San Diego
A key role within the Experience Design department, the Senior UX Designer leads projects with deep industry experience. They collaborate internally with team members from account, planning, research, product development and visual design to concept and define engaging app and web experiences. This position requires someone who is passionate about UX and can successfully balance client business objectives while advocating for user needs and goals.
What you do:
- Lead projects by guiding your team and the client with a confident and flexible approach to problem solving.
- Communicate strategic solutions with highly detailed diagrams, flows, wireframes, charts, graphics, models, etc.
- Support interaction design decisions by explaining the user-centered reasoning behind the approach so there are no doubts about the solution
- Propose and conduct usability testing with a variety of methods from automated online testing to in-person moderated testing.
- Collaborate with UX, creative & strategy roles to define and/or roadmap deliverables.
- Create, coordinate & lead UX activities including: research, competitive audits, design systems, design patterns, experience roadmaps, interaction design and visual design.
- Collaborate with internal teams and clients to ensure integrity of envisioned experiences pre-launch as well as iteration post-launch.
- Passionately sell (and defend) UX design decisions to clients via strategic and relevant deliverables and impactful presentations while being open to feedback and collaboration.
- Partner with other agency disciplines and leads to ensure a holistic approach to UX outcomes across integrated digital touch points.
- Support and balance team recommendations with research, analytics, usability testing, customer insights and other quantitative/qualitative insights as appropriate to advance ideas.
What you need:
- 5+ Years of experience defining and creating experiences across applications, mobile, website, social and interactive display channels. Interactive agency experience is a plus.
- Ability to lead teams and clients through the often-cloudy abstracts of interaction design and human behavior.
- Strong client management skills with the ability to balance scope, business objectives and user goals.
- Experience leading teams to creative solutions in a variety of environments, sometimes without the ideal answers.
- You believe experience design is not just a step in the process…it is integrated in everything we do. You validate through research, think creatively, empathize with clients, customize activities and respond to ongoing feedback to continually evolve client products and services.
- You like to talk…and listen.
- You are the spokesperson for creative ideas and approaches; able to find an optimized balance between client business objectives and user needs. You sell clients on your approach, your proposals and your commitment to the success of the project.
- You do great work. You make others do really great work.
- Expert knowledge and demonstrable portfolio of work experience in web prototypes, wireframes, flows and illustrations via OmniGraffle, Axure, Sketch, or similar tools.
- Experience in one or multiple of the following roles: UX Researcher, Information Architect, Interaction Designer, Visual Designer, UX Designer.
- Strong client presentation and visual communication style, excellent verbal and written skills mandatory is a MUST.
- Strong understanding, passion and thought leadership for digital technologies, trends and design with an understanding of how they can benefit clients.
- Comfortable working with tight deadlines across multiple projects.
- Mobile design experience via mobile sites or applications (iOS, Android) is desired.
- Occasional travel as needed for client presentations, meetings and user testing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law