Associate, Project Management Mirum Shopper Chicago
Associate Project Manager
Role: Associate Project Manager
Business Team: Mirum Shopper, Project Management
As Associate Project Manager for Mirum Shopper, you are responsible for seeing assigned tasks through to completion, delivering on time, on budget and within scope. You will be the central operating core of a multi-disciplined team delivering projects for the client or supporting Project Managers and Sr Project Managers in the delivery of client work. You will work with all departments to create necessary workflows and timelines; while also monitoring performance and adjusting timelines and schedules on the go. The role will include but is not limited to: project qualification, project initiation, staffing, monitoring and controlling project work, and communication with internal stakeholders.
Your key tasks and responsibilities shall include the following:
- Cross Functional Planning: Works collaboratively with internal stakeholders to initiate project resulting in the creation of project schedules as well as any financial supporting documents. You will understand what is needed from each department to deliver upon the client deliverable.
- Organizing: Works within the Project Management team to help identify any staffing needs above and beyond the retainer or project agreement. Creates and maintains schedules ensuring up-to-date accuracy, schedules internal meetings while documenting discussion, manages job jacket for required financial documents
- Leading: Responsible for actively participating in internal meetings, delivering instructions in a clear and concise manner and providing proper materials and documentation when necessary. Communicates regularly with project team to discuss progress, obstacles, concerns, etc.
- Controlling: Coordinates all planning, creative, social and interactive development deliverables to ensure timely launches. Manages the details of a project to ensure that all action items are accomplished timely, accurately and within budget (and communicates when project is at risk of going over budget). Conducts weekly status meetings to further communicate priorities, milestones and deadlines
- Operations: Understands and enforces agency process amongst teams. Ensures team maintains appropriate forms and procedures
- Professional Development: Understands project lifecycle and is able to manage multiple projects simultaneously from initiation to final delivery
- Ability to develop and document project parameters including scope, schedule, budgets, specifications; create, update and monitor project plans for all projects.
- Able to work in a team environment but independently as well, while staying calm in the midst of chaos
- Knowledge of project management concepts and tools
- Ability to collaborate across departments and team members
- Ability to work as part of a team but independently as well, while staying calm in the midst of chaos
- Superb follow-up and organization skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, monitor and manage workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Build/Maintain strong internal and external relationships with the ability to deal with a variety of personalities
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 0 – 2 years of experience coordinating or managing projects, preferably in an agency setting
What is Mirum Shopper?
We create experiences that shoppers want, and brands and retailers need. We represent the next generation of shopper marketing solutions for engaging the digitally savvy consumer. Mirum Shopper is part of the Mirum Agency’s new commerce activation platform, designed to change the way brands engage with consumers and shoppers. The platform combines tech, analytics, data, campaign planning, and creative services with social shopper, shopper engagement services, and the creation of original content – from branded videos to events, mobile and in-store platforms – to influence shoppers in new ways. And we’re looking for passionate people who want to help us make what’s next.
It is expected that you will perform additional duties and assume additional responsibilities as needed by the Company for the efficient operation of the Company. In addition, in order to adjust to changes in our business, it may become necessary to modify your job description, add to or remove certain duties and responsibilities, or reassign you to an alternate job position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law