Social Media - Supervisor Mirum Shopper Los Angeles
Job Description: Social Media - Supervisor
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Los Angeles
Mirum Shopper is a digital shopper marketing agency that turns shoppers into buyers by creating and connecting custom content to drive sales through retail partners. We create experiences that shoppers want and brands and retailers need. We are for those who embrace the transformative power of digital. Our shopper marketing solutions are seen online, in stores and throughout social media.
As Social Media Supervisor for Mirum Shopper you will provide strategic guidance, channel management & activation of social media and retail influencer campaigns on behalf of key clients. You will support the Director of Social Media in Los Angeles, various Customer Business Team (CBT) Directors and you will directly manage a team of Marketing Managers and/or Coordinators. You will be working in a fast-paced, highly creative deadline-driven environment, so we are seeking candidates with attention to detail and a desire to constantly exceed expectations. You must be a self-starter and possess in-depth knowledge of social media platforms, location-based services, online communities, and emerging mobile trends.
- Oversee influencer marketing strategy, planning and execution within assigned CBT, directly supervising a team of Social Managers and Coordinators
- Work closely with Marketing Services, Creative and other departments to identify key audiences and channels, market-specific value propositions and key program messages, and to conduct account planning activities
- Work in partnership with the analytics team to develop key KPIs and model for program evaluation
- Manage and update department calendar(s), resourcing and scope planning
- Responsible for campaign budgets, promotions, media and overall successes (based upon clearly defined and adhered-to KPIs)
- Create and manage the process to deliver valuable program recaps to clients, outlining key campaign successes and recommendations
- Provide guidance and approvals on all media plans and briefs, white papers and presentations
- Drive media innovation, reaching audiences through mobile, games and other social channels to drive brand affinity and conversion
- Serve as social media and emerging digital trends expert for the assigned CBT
- Maintain awareness of social media technology, platforms and emerging trends
- Perform industry research and reporting
- Work with Social Media Director and other senior staff on new business pitches, as needed
- Help recruit, train and provide one-to-one, ongoing career counseling and mentorship to Social Media Marketing Managers, Coordinators and Interns
- Manage budge and reconciliation process to ensure that all media partners and vendors are compensated accordingly
- Work with the Social Media, Marketing Services and Creative teams to ensure fluid cross-department communications
- Manage multiple deadlines and troubleshoot problems in real time, refining processes in real time to ensure that problems do not recur
Skills and Requirements:
- 5-7 years of experience in social media, digital media planning and/or marketing
- Proven success in managing social media campaigns, particularly for CPG and retail clients
- Expert knowledge of social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube and other emerging platforms, as necessary
- Ability to develop social media and retail influencer outreach plans for clients that include goals, specific campaign strategies, recommended tools, budgets and timelines
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Polished demeanor with clients, vendors, and publishers
- Deep knowledge and experience using social media listening tools and measurement tools to determine appropriate messaging and opportunities for clients
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams (direct management experience a must, matrixed and cross-functionally, a plus)
- Expert in social media and online tools and professionally engaged in social networks, digital media, online forums and blogging
- Knowledge of digital/social analytics and how to measure success
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively on the telephone, in person, and in writing a must
- Strong organizational skills in order to coordinate many functions in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate Mirum’s core behaviors and values
Preferred Education & Experience:
Degree in Marketing, Advertising or related major, or minimum 4 years of experience in a similar position or field.
It is expected that you will perform additional duties and assume additional responsibilities as needed by the Company for the efficient operation of the Company. In addition, in order to adjust to changes in our business, it may become necessary to modify your job description, add to or remove certain duties and responsibilities, or reassign you to an alternate job position.
Interested candidates should e-mail resumes to email@example.com
Please no phones calls.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law