Associate Creative Director Mirum Shopper Chicago
We’re looking for an exceptionally talented Associate Creative Director with digital and integrated concept development experience, and a well-rounded design background, to join our growing team in Chicago. You will work on Team Unilever Shopper, the award-winning WPP one-agency solution for Unilever, the world’s second-largest marketing spender.
The primary role is to develop shopper marketing program concepts, and graphic and UI designs, for integrated shopper marketing programs. You will also be tasked with a “mobile-first” approach to your design work, because our work focuses first and foremost on the digital aspects of how people shop.
The ACD will provide hands-on, day-to-day leadership for your assigned team; create original shopper marketing program concepts; develop graphic and UI designs; and provide insightful creative recommendations that deliver against client objectives. In addition, the Associate Creative Director will collaborate closely with colleagues from across Team Unilever Shopper – Media, Digital, ISV, etc. – to build best-in-class solutions for our clients. The ideal candidate also brings a solid understanding of interactive technology across the digital, social and mobile marketing disciplines.
That’s a lot, but it’s not all. We need all of the above at warp speed. We move fast, and require someone who can work independently and with a can-do attitude…as well as provide results that are visually stunning and create business results, no matter the medium.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 7+ years of relevant agency or design studio experience
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communications or design
- Portfolio of prior professional work
- Solid understanding of digital design and UI/UX
- Proficient in Keynote, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.
- Strong communication skills and persuasive abilities
- Stability and maturity under pressure
- Ability to juggle multiple clients and assignments
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead the creation of shopper marketing programs from concept development to design and execution.
- Present the work, both internally and externally, and develop productive relationships with clients.
- Work closely with other ACDs, Creative Directors and the GCD in managing best practices for Team Unilever Shopper creative department.
- Take a leading role in infusing digital knowledge throughout the team via ongoing training and mentorship of other creatives.
- Provide a strong design point of view regarding messaging hierarchy, typography, layout and color.
- Create strategically sound designs and concepts for web, mobile, and in-store communication.
- Create user flows and wireframes for digital experiences.
- Possess a solid understanding of CPG shopper marketing.
- Able to work quickly, independently and with a can-do attitude.
What is Mirum Shopper?
We create experiences that shoppers want, and brands and retailers need. We represent the next generation of shopper marketing solutions for engaging the digitally savvy consumer. Mirum Shopper is part of the Mirum Agency’s commerce activation platform, designed to change the way brands engage with consumers and shoppers. The platform combines tech, analytics, data, campaign planning, and creative services with social shopper, shopper engagement services, and the creation of original content – from branded videos to events, mobile and in-store platforms – to influence shoppers in new ways. And we’re looking for passionate people who want to help us make what’s next.
It is expected that you will perform additional duties and assume additional responsibilities as needed by the Company for the efficient operation of the Company. In addition, in order to adjust to changes in our business, it may become necessary to modify your job description, add to or remove certain duties and responsibilities, or reassign you to an alternate job position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law