Accountant/Financial Analyst J. Walter Thompson New York
The team oversees WT’s more than 40 agencies in the US and Canada.
This is a small team with flat hierarchy structure, the FA will have exposure to the work of the North American CFO and the SVP Finance, to regional finance meetings and will attend the CFO conferences along with the rest of the team.
Supporting the regional finance team with any of its tasks, this includes:
- Monthly close of the HQ unit books
- The preparation and development of useful analysis tools, exception reporting, phasing, trends etc.
- Actual vs Forecast analyses
- Review of all balance sheet and P&L accounts analyses on a monthly basis
- Monitor office’s working capital, in order to identify risks timely.
- Support the Regional HQ team in review of the agencies’ annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Assist in the identification and assessment of accounting, reporting, and operational issues
- Investigate findings and gain an understanding of cause and effect
- Support the agencies as needed, especially in meeting WPP’s reporting requirements (which are submitted via SAP BFC).
- Support the region’s financial team with any additional tasks e.g. contracts review, regional financial deck etc.
Work entails frequent interaction with the offices’ controllers and CFOs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-4 years of experience of which at least 2 in Public Accounting
- Big Four accounting firm - advantage
- CPA – advantage or passed 2 or more of the final exams
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency