Product Design Manager
Jumio is the future for online and mobile ID Verification. We are the largest and fastest growing company in the end-to-end identity verification space. With a global footprint, we have clients across a range of industries including Travel, Sharing Economy, Fintech, Gaming, and others. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, and with offices around the globe, Jumio has been the recipient of numerous awards for innovation from leading industry associations.
We are looking for a design manager who will usher the Jumio design team into its next stage of growth. You will mentor and coach the existing team of designers, and provide a solid design foundation and for the team to do their best work.
You will help the design team work across multiple channels; including end-consumer facing experiences, KYC management tools for fraud teams, AML/transaction monitoring tools for compliance teams, and a case management system for all things risk.
Things you will do:
- Manage a growing team of product designers and researchers.
- Provide the connective tissue across multiple functions, including engineering, product management, machine learning, and customer success.
- Be a steward of our new design system and ensure that it continues to provide value across multiple squads.
- Inspire the design team to do their best work.
- Liaise with external vendors to bring in additional value to our products in the form of integrations and functionality.
- You will be expected to contribute directly to design deliverables, including research, wireframing, prototyping, testing and spec.
Who we are looking for:
- You have experience managing a team of designers, and the ability to develop designer’s skills and careers.
- You have experience recruiting and onboarding designers.
- You are most successful when working collaboratively.
- You are able to find a good equilibrium between quality and time to market.
- You are comfortable working within constraints.
- You have 4+ years of experience in product design for web products, preferably in a relevant domain such as risk, compliance, or fraud.
- You have experience building design systems and working cross functionally to bring it into production.
A portfolio is required, however, it can consist of projects done by a team that you led as long as you can speak to the process, and your role in facilitating the successful execution of the initiative.
- IDEAL: Integrity, Diversity, Empowerment, Accountability, Leading Innovation
Jumio AI Labs in Montreal is one of three R&D centres at Jumio, alongside Vienna, Austria and Bangalore, India. Located in downtown Montreal, we focus on R&D in computer vision as well as general Machine Learning. We deliver components that power Jumio’s market leading products. Jumio Montreal is a diverse team of engineers from a variety of countries that all enjoy collaboration, knowledge sharing, being curious and driving advancements in Machine Learning and ID Verification. Our Montreal Office is also a cultural hub where we celebrate unity in diversity through team-building activities and highlight every cultural event happening around the world.
Jumio is the future for online and mobile ID verification. We are the largest and fastest growing company in the ID verification space. With a global footprint, we’re expanding the team to meet strong client demand across a range of industries including Financial Services, Travel, Sharing Economy, Fintech, Gaming, and others.
Equal Opportunities Jumio is a collaboration of people with different ideas, strengths, interests and cultures. We welcome applications and colleagues from all backgrounds and of all statuses.