Lead Software Engineer - JTM
We are looking for seasoned Microservices Architect with experience building large scale, distributed, and service-oriented architectures. You feel comfortable switching hats between software development, business requirements gathering, devops tasks, and working with our machine learning experts. You take pride in owning and maintaining the technical work environment. You enjoy learning new technologies and sharing your code with others. Lastly, you have been looking for an opportunity where you can use your passion and skills for a greater good against financial crime.
- Collaborate with the R&D team to architect and build a distributed cloud-based SaaS solution for transaction monitoring.
- Build highly scalable and distributed microservices that can process our large customer data sets in real-time
- Permanently identify efficiency opportunities to scale our product and the team behind it
- Actively participate in production discussion to help build cutting-edge solutions
- Design and build RESTful APIs to allow our customers to easily integrate
- Explore, evaluate and integrate new data pipelines
Experience and Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience, or 8+ years plus a relevant Master’s degree
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Proficient in Java and Spring framework or similar stack.
- Strong understanding of microservice architectures, principles and patterns
- Experience with containerization related management stacks like Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes
- Solid understanding of NoSQL database modeling and design
- Deep familiarity with cloud infrastructures such as AWS
- Strive in a fast-paced environment
- Business driven and result-oriented individual
- Obsessive in delivering quality software
- Passionate about open source
- Relentless in keeping solutions secure
- Effective communication & collaboration skills
- Experience working with large scale data processing using Hadoop stack
- Understanding of messaging systems and data pipelines such as RabbitMQ and Kafka
- Scaling knowledge of Cassandra, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Neo4j, HDFS
- Worked in a financial services context related to risk management
- Experience in blockchain technology and crypto-currency
- Open source contributor
Jumio is the future for online and mobile ID verification. We are the largest and fastest growing company in the ID verification space. With a global footprint, we’re expanding the team to meet strong client demand across a range of industries including Financial Services, Travel, Sharing Economy, Fintech, Gaming, and others.
Jumio is a collaboration of people with different ideas, strengths, interests and cultures. We welcome applications and colleagues from all backgrounds and of all statuses.