Senior Android Engineer
Role Purpose: We are expanding our squad. You will be an integral part of a great team of top-notch mobile developers. You will make sure that our SDK stays cutting edge and therefore elegantly converts strangers into trusted users. You take pride in combining mobile native technologies with ML and CV. You feel comfortable switching hats between software development, business requirements gathering, and working with our machine learning experts. You enjoy learning new technologies and sharing your code with others. Our team has already proven that our mobile SDK solution was perfect for far more than 100 Million users, join our team to make it even better.
- You’ll be responsible for the further development of our core products (native Android SDK, cross-platform deliveries, …),
- Participate in resolving issues together with our customers,
- Guide the whole software development process end-2-end - from idea creation until the final product,
- Collaborate with the whole R&D team to build features that matter
- Take part in product discovery sessions to ensure high quality deliverables
- Evaluate possible third party vendors about their capabilities and suitability for integration
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in developing Android applications in Java / Kotlin / C++ / Gradle/Groovy
- Track record of developing SDKs/Frameworks is a plus
- Strong understanding of software design patterns as well as Android specifics
- Experience with Cross-platform frameworks is a plus (React Native, Flutter, Cordova, Xamarin)
- Capable of working on large scale projects
- Experience with Mobile Vision, MLKit and/or Camera API
- Business driven and result-oriented individual
- Obsessive in delivering quality software
- Effective communication & collaboration skills
Great to have Experience and Qualifications
- Passionate about open source
- Test Driven Development
- iOS Development
Key Characteristics and Attitudes
In a recent global survey these attributes were valued by Jumios in all locations and functions - we firmly believe in hiring for attitude as well as skill.
- Friendly and supportive
- Adaptable and flexible
- Articulate and persuasive
- High IQ and EQ
- Curious and coachable
- Commercially Aware
- Resilient and tenacious
- Big picture and the detail
- IDEAL: Integrity, Diversity, Empowerment, Accountability, Leading Innovation
You will work in an organization where people treat each other as friends. You will work on an SDK which is used in many well-known applications on the AppStores and experience that your work makes a huge impact.
Jumio is the future for online and mobile ID verification. We are the largest and fastest growing company in the ID verification space. With a global footprint, we’re expanding the team to meet strong client demand across a range of industries including Financial Services, Travel, Sharing Economy, Fintech, Gaming, and others.
Jumio is a collaboration of people with different ideas, strengths, interests and cultures. We welcome applications and colleagues from all backgrounds and of all statuses.
We offer an annual competitive full time salary based on qualifications and experience, plus we offer a success sharing plan for all employees. This role will pay a minimum of 50,000 EUR with additional benefits including personal training budgets.