Director, Global Product Support
The Senior Manager, Global Product Support is responsible for building and managing a global team of technical experts focused on resolving highly complex and long-running support tickets raised by Jumio customers. The person will ensure that the global team is effectively trained and consistently following established processes that will result in timely resolution of issues and a high degree of customer satisfaction.
Success in this role requires a passion for customer success, a strong work ethic, good judgment, deep product knowledge and the desire to lead in a highly technical, team environment.
Your interaction is not limited to your team, but internal stakeholders - Account Managers, Solution Engineers, and Jumio customers.
Your performance will have a direct impact on the overall customer success effectiveness and customer satisfaction. This is an opportunity to help build and shape our team, have a direct impact on sales revenue, and carve out your career at Jumio.
- Manage a team of Global Product Support Engineers across different time zones.
- Collaborate across support, engineering, product and customer success teams to remove blockers, address inefficiencies, and ensure timely resolution of escalated issues
- Manage escalated customer issues around the clock, including weekends and holidays when necessary
- Track customer escalations and communicate the status to internal and external stakeholders, while establishing cross-functional collaboration to manage and resolve action items
- Oversee the communication process with customers including getting on customer calls, writing incident reports and managing customer notices.
- Define, develop and report key support metrics to executive staff and company.
- Ensure team goals and milestones are met.
- Develop training plans and subject matter expertise within the escalations organization
- Communicate and track project status through regular meetings and quick syncs with other departments
- Responsible for ad-hoc projects which are assigned by management
- Work closely with internal team to maintain technical & functional knowledge of existing and new products
Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in managing a support organization
- Proven track record in leading, scaling and motivating support teams across different time zones.
- Strong experience and proven leadership ability in customer escalation management.
- Team player.
- Proven ability to manage customers crisis situations, including escalation management and RCA generation.
- Degree in Engineering/Computer Science/Information Systems or related technical areas or equivalent
- Proactive and can think further than the solution appears to require, ability to identify key areas for improvement in workflows and efficiencies
- Excellent interpersonal, customer handling, written & verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of web and mobile technologies. e.g. programming/scripting languages (Java, C/C++, Perl, Java Script), mobile operating systems (iOS, Android)
- Experience in various support tools, e.g. Zendesk, Jira, Salesforce.
Key Characteristics and Attitudes:
In a recent global survey these attributes were valued by Jumios in all locations and functions - we firmly believe in hiring for attitude as well as skill.
- Friendly and supportive
- Adaptable and flexible
- Articulate and persuasive
- High IQ and EQ
- Curious and coachable
- Commercially Aware
- Resilient and tenacious
- Big picture and the detail
- IDEAL: Integrity, Diversity, Empowerment, Accountability, Leading Innovation
This role will be remote - based on the East Coast. In a recent culture survey, these attributes were rated particularly high across Jumio:
Jumio is the future for online and mobile ID verification. We are the largest and fastest growing company in the ID verification space. With a global footprint, we’re expanding the team to meet strong client demand across a range of industries including Financial Services, Travel, Sharing Economy, Fintech, Gaming, and others.
Jumio is a collaboration of people with different ideas, strengths, interests and cultures. We welcome applications and colleagues from all backgrounds and of all statuses.