Developer In Test
At Jumio, the Developer in Test will write, maintain and explore automated tests for high-scale, highly secure and backend applications. They drive delivery of testing solutions and look for improvements in test automation. As part of an agile, self-organizing team, you’ll enjoy learning new things and explore new ideas. You’ll have a high capacity for abstract thinking along with a structured approach to work. A hands-on mentality and an international mindset will help you further the development of Jumio’s market leading Identity Verification products.
This role directly contributes to the speed and quality of our software and product development lifecycles. Working closely with engineering and product teams to improve the quality, resilience and scalability of Jumio’s products.
- Write, maintain and explore automated solutions for testing backend applications on a cloud infrastructure
- Ensure the quality of bug fixes and new features
- Build and perform load tests, monitor and analyse the results
- Participate in driving and improving of continuous delivery solutions
- Collaborate with the team using best practices to produce new features in the most effective way
- Work as part of an agile team on continuous improvement and innovation
- Perform code reviews with developers
- Raising early concerns/improvements for deliverables during planning
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in unit testing, acceptance testing, integration testing, system/end-to-end testing for Web applications / REST services
- Experience in testing on/testing a cloud based infrastructure
- Experience with Spring Framework / Spring Boot
- Commercial experience with Java, Groovy or Python
- Comfortable using UNIX-like operating systems and basic bash scripting knowledge
- Experience with Docker and AWS
- Think further than the solution appears to require
- Excellent analytical, conceptual and communications skills in spoken and written English
Great to have Experience and Qualifications:
- Familiarity with cloud-native and 12factor approaches
- Experience with Python based backend development with Flask Framework
- Machine Learning / Computer Vision knowledge
Key Characteristics and Attitudes:
In a recent global survey these attributes were valued by Jumios in all locations and functions - we firmly believe in hiring for attitude as well as skill.
- Friendly and supportive
- Adaptable and flexible
- Articulate and persuasive
- High IQ and EQ
- Curious and coachable
- Commercially Aware
- Resilient and tenacious
- Big picture and the detail
- IDEAL: Integrity, Diversity, Empowerment, Accountability, Leading Innovation
Jumio AI Labs in Montreal is one of three R&D centres at Jumio, alongside Vienna, Austria and Bangalore, India. Located in downtown Montreal, we focus on R&D in computer vision as well as general Machine Learning. We deliver components that power Jumio’s market leading products. Jumio Montreal is a diverse team of engineers from a variety of countries that all enjoy collaboration, knowledge sharing, being curious and driving advancements in Machine Learning and ID Verification. Our Montreal Office is also a cultural hub where we celebrate unity in diversity through team-building activities and highlight every cultural event happening around the world.
Jumio is the future for online and mobile ID verification. We are the largest and fastest growing company in the ID verification space. With a global footprint, we’re expanding the team to meet strong client demand across a range of industries including Financial Services, Travel, Sharing Economy, Fintech, Gaming, and others.
Jumio is a collaboration of people with different ideas, strengths, interests and cultures. We welcome applications and colleagues from all backgrounds and statuses.